Glock 17 & 26 vs 19?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any reason you went with the Pierce over the OEM glock +2 mag? I tend to gravitate to anything OEM for reliability but I do know Pierce has a good rep, I'm just suprised how many folks use them over the glock +2 mag or extention for the G26 and wondered if maybe there was some good reason I hadn't figured out.

They work and I have never had a failure , also I own a LOT of OEM 10 rounders . I own a couple of the newer Glock 12 round mags but they don't work any better than the Pierce extensions for me . My only complaints have been the Magpul mags they can make a reliable pistol not so much .

Last edited:

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I have to believe this is tongue in cheek , as I've owned a Glock since they've been available in the country and remember being chided for buying such a cheap gimmicky gun at the time. Now literally everyone owns a Glock or something that more or less looks like a Glock and an AR15. Hell the only way to not look like everyone else is to own a real hunting rifle and I don't mean one of those plastic Ruger Americans or Savage Axis rifles .
Not at all. If you know, you know.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you were trying to choose between owning a G17 AND a G26...OR...only owning a G19, and money wasn't a factor, which would you choose and why?

I suppose the decision could also be a G19 & G26 vs just a G19 if that makes it easier to answer for some of you.

None of the above, G45 is the best 9mm Glock they make for a full size pistol. If you are carrying, then a 43X.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
None of the above, G45 is the best 9mm Glock they make for a full size pistol. If you are carrying, then a 43X.

No sir the G45 is neither fish nor fowl , as for the 43x yep less capacity than the 26 is a no go , you can use 17 and 19 mags in a 26 in a pinch . Have you tried that with a 43 ? Not so much

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No sir the G45 is neither fish nor fowl , as for the 43x yep less capacity than the 26 is a no go , you can use 17 and 19 mags in a 26 in a pinch . Have you tried that with a 43 ? Not so much.

The G45 does everything a G17 and G19 does. The G43x is the same capacity as a G26. Shooting G19 mags or G17 mags out of a G26 is a bit awkward. I mean, other than a weird pseudo modularity flex....in what real world scenarios is this a priority? A 43 sure carries a lot easier.

I got no dog in this fight, I sold all my 9mm Glocks a long time ago. The P365 makes the G19 and G26 obsolete in my book, but Glock hit a home run with the G45.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The G45 does everything a G17 and G19 does. The G43x is the same capacity as a G26. Shooting G19 mags or G17 mags out of a G26 is a bit awkward. I mean, other than a weird pseudo modularity flex....in what real world scenarios is this a priority? A 43 sure carries a lot easier.

I got no dog in this fight, I sold all my 9mm Glocks a long time ago. The P365 makes the G19 and G26 obsolete in my book, but Glock hit a home run with the G45.

If you like short slide full frame guns then yeah a G45 is an "improvement" I think its meh , the advantage to a 19 is you get 15 rounds in a MORE COMPACT package than a 17 that is the whole point . The G43X doesn't have the same capacity as a 26 unless you are using the original 10 round mags for the G26 , If you are using plus 2 or plus 3 extensions on a 26 you have a capacity advantage and using a Glock 19 Mag in a 26 is by no means awkward .

To each his own and do whatever makes your feel good but in no universe is either Glock 45 or 43X an advancement over their predecessors. Gun makers make new guns to sell guns and it's nice to have choices as a consumer .

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love my 26, and my 19x. I find the 26 comfortable enough to carry. I’m quite accurate with it and enjoy shooting it. If had to choose one, I’d probably keep a 26 as an all rounder.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you like short slide full frame guns then yeah a G45 is an "improvement" I think its meh , the advantage to a 19 is you get 15 rounds in a MORE COMPACT package than a 17 that is the whole point . The G43X doesn't have the same capacity as a 26 unless you are using the original 10 round mags for the G26 , If you are using plus 2 or plus 3 extensions on a 26 you have a capacity advantage and using a Glock 19 Mag in a 26 is by no means awkward .

I typically don't but that G45 just had great balance. Not sure why you're ignoring the extension and shield mags options for the G43x but yes... both guns have 10 rounds stock and one is much thinner and easier to carry. Either one can add capacity with extension. Adding an extension on to the G26 and the footprint is nearly a G19. Might as well just carry a G19.

To each his own and do whatever makes your feel good but in no universe is either Glock 45 or 43X an advancement over their predecessors.

Fudds are gonna Fudd I get it. Look, thems the breaks hotshot. Again, I'm not even a Glock guy.... but the G45/19x and 43x obviously sell quite well and lots of boys seem to like the G43x for carry. So that kind of crushes your universe theory. No matter how you spin it, the G26 is obsolete due to the Shield, Hellcat, P365 and of course the G43 being easier to carry and offering more concealable options for capacity.

Gun makers make new guns to sell guns and it's nice to have choices as a consumer .

True, and that's definitely applicable to Glock, but those two stand out in terms of real purpose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom