Glock 17 & 26 vs 19?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
None of the above, G45 is the best 9mm Glock they make for a full size pistol. If you are carrying, then a 43X.
Yeah there was someone who had one for sale awhile back in MOS with a sight and I had my eye on it but just can't add one without selling one :) To be fair, the 3 classics mentioned came long before the G45 arrived on the scene. But you are right to mention the 45. Now just mention the 26x LOL.

In my analysis, I am thinking if you carried a gun for duty that the 45 would be perfect for capacity, control, and fast target acquisition. But for home defense the 19 is fine, and for SHTF, the G17 is "always" the answer.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My hands fit a 17-length frame so much better than a 19...and the results on target are night/day different. My group sizes are literally half as large with a G17.

I don't have any experience with the 45 or 19X, but I understand the frame length. If I had to carry a pistol that long in the grip, I'd figure out how to work around that extra half inch of barrel.

This is where I feel that a shooter has to try all the options out before choosing, and occasionally have to make a concession around their "ideal" choice based upon their ability to wield something else better.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have found the 19 carries fine in some looser pants but in tighter pants it is like carrying a brick. I think my hope to find a "one sized fits all" carry option just isn't a reality. That would make a good thread "do you have a dedicated CCW or do you switch it up". I'm sure folks could identify benefits to both choices.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have found the 19 carries fine in some looser pants but in tighter pants it is like carrying a brick. I think my hope to find a "one sized fits all" carry option just isn't a reality. That would make a good thread "do you have a dedicated CCW or do you switch it up". I'm sure folks could identify benefits to both choices.

Try a Purse. Your choice to be one of those men.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try a Purse. Your choice to be one of those men.
1670525988785.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom