Glock 17 Gen 1 Classic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ParrotPirate

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I was looking at this gun as well. I liked the P80 rerelease because I don’t know how else I would ever get a P80 marked Glock. The new Gen 1 however makes no sense to me. If you want a Glock to shoot try a Gen 5. If you want to collect a Glock buy a real Gen 1. I have no idea why you would buy a reproduction of a first generation Glock.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was looking at this gun as well. I liked the P80 rerelease because I don’t know how else I would ever get a P80 marked Glock. The new Gen 1 however makes no sense to me. If you want a Glock to shoot try a Gen 5. If you want to collect a Glock buy a real Gen 1. I have no idea why you would buy a reproduction of a first generation Glock.

Different strokes and all that... Also, a real Gen 1 is likely to cost more, in used condition, than this model. I have the P80 so I have no interest really in this one...but I still think it's pretty cool.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
A few years ago Glock came out with a limited edition "P80" model that was a retro copy of the first Glock pistol that won the Austrian military trials.

Now they've come out with a retro edition of the first Glock sold here in the US...the Gen 1 Classic Glock 17 model. There are a few things that aren't original...it has a captive recoil spring and it comes with a later generation of mags rather than the NML original mags that Americans hated anyway. It's a single pin frame design and looks just like the original.

I think they're pretty cool. I have the P80 so no real need for this one since I'm not a Glock collector. But I always liked the earlier Glock pistols better than the later ones. I hated the Gen 3 and 4 guns. The gen 5 is better...but I still like the originals the best.

Kinda cool. I wouldn't mind having one.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Sportsman's Warehouse is supposed to be selling them for $619, that's all I know, was forwarded a screenshot earlier

They are. I got an email from them. That's how I found out. Maybe it's old news to some but it's the first I've heard of it.

I miss having a Sportsman's Warehouse. Wish they'd open one in Okie-land. My favorite of the big box stores.
Got a link?

I found the OOS P80 but not the "New" gen1 G17.

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting...-luger-449in-ndlc-pistol-171-rounds/p/1663890
Also found this old ad from the Cop Shop in OKC. The "Real deal Lucille". Lol!

https://copsgunshop.net/shop/glock-17-gen-1-9mm/

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20200921_135424.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom