Glock 17 Gen 3 build question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Harrison

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey there,
I'm looking for someone who is intimately familiar with the internal workings of a G17 gen3. The trigger assembly in general and the connector in particular. I put on a Ghost 3 pound connector after I spent about 20 seconds polishing with a cotton head and rouge on a Dremel. I can't imagine that little bit of polishing removed much metal. But the thing works in a rather unique way. It functions as a binary trigger. I know that Franklin Armory sells a binary trigger for a heck of a lot more than I paid for the connector. It is very repeatable and works every time. I find it really odd. I am assuming it's the connector doing this. The trigger itself is an APEX. It's fun to shoot, so I've been delaying trying to "fix" it, but my purpose for this was for a race gun for local matches. I'm reasonably handy working on firearms but this is the only Glock format pistol I've ever owned. I do the OEM connector, (somewhere) that came with the lower parts kit I could swap out to test with, but I thought maybe a Glock Guru might be able to tell me if I'm barking up the wrong tree by pursuing the connecter as the cause. Any help would be appreciated.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The striker tail picks up the cruciform to reset the trigger. The connector basically lowers the cruciform to allow the striker to release. There’s very little to it. Is your trigger spring installed correctly?

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it were me, I’d keep that trigger like it is and just buy a replacement. :blush:
I agree with you but he said it was a range toy. Chop it up, swap it all around, figure it out. The fun is in the process a lot of the time.

I do think eventually everyone figures out it’s not worth it. A generic 1911 will shoot better. A basic CZ, your money goes further. Even beretta.

Chris Harrison

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The striker tail picks up the cruciform to reset the trigger. The connector basically lowers the cruciform to allow the striker to release. There’s very little to it. Is your trigger spring installed correctly?
I'm pretty sure it is. I pulled it apart and put it back together several times. I watched a number of videos on the process and it all looks right. While this is my first "Glock" build I have a couple of S&W M&P that I replaced triggers in and while different, there are still a lot of similarities.

Chris Harrison

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with you but he said it was a range toy. Chop it up, swap it all around, figure it out. The fun is in the process a lot of the time.

I do think eventually everyone figures out it’s not worth it. A generic 1911 will shoot better. A basic CZ, your money goes further. Even beretta.
Well, a generic 1911 won't really work for a race gun. A double-stack 1911 tricked out like the Glock would easily cost twice as much. I'm not interested in spending that sort of money again for a few local matches every year. I have four 1911s now, two are double stack but one is a .40 and the other is a .45. Really tough to compete with guys running 9's that have less recoil and more rounds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom