Glock 17 shooters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I am in the process of working over a Gen 3 Glock 17 for daily carry. I have done some work to the frame, such as rounding and undercutting the trigger guard, added the minus connector and 4# striker spring. I was thinking of adding an after market trigger (Apex, Suarze, ect). What are everyones thoughts when it comes to a carry pistol? Thanks

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
One of my EDCs is a Glock 17. I have changed nothing about the gun as my concerns are with the Civil Trial that could occur if I have to use the weapon. I don't want some young punk lawyer to tell the jury my gun was altered to be more of a Special Forces fighting gun. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it happens. Just my .02 cents...

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D. thanks. That is kind of the direction I was leaning. For the cost of a trigger (100 plus) I can buy nite sites or more ammo. Everyone needs more ammo and magazines!!

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't 100% trust their reliability (in comparison to factory). With connector and spring changes, along with a good polish, I think one can have a very nice, yet reliable (as can be) trigger.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only changes we've made to our 17s is the old man doing a 25-cent trigger job (YouTube is your friend) to smooth out the trigger because I LOATHE Glock's sandpapery trigger pull and reset as it is from the factory and put night sights on them.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great info from everyone. And I do appreciate it. If I am not helping my son build fence tonight I think I will tear my old 17 apart, polish a little and install the factory striker spring.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 2 carry pistols (G17) with Suarez 4.5# striker springs, and Suarez triggers. The guns pop primers on all but the worst ammo (Tula), and are great and reliable. I have a G34 with a 4# striker spring, polished parts and stock trigger. It also works very well.

My advice: try the stock trigger and polished parts with your lighter striker spring first. You may be surprised.

If you want to upgrade later, a Suarez trigger is only $60, and works very well.

Yes, you give up reliability with crap ammo, but all major American brands, and especially carry ammo, will work 100%

Latest posts

Top Bottom