Glock 17 shooters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Polish the trigger, get some Talon Grips, night sights, spare magazines, and lots of practice ammo, its all you need for a Glock. Only other thing I do to mine is to undercut the trigger guard, just gives me a little better grip. Mine is not a 17 but a 19 that is my daily carry gun.

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't 100% trust their reliability (in comparison to factory). With connector and spring changes, along with a good polish, I think one can have a very nice, yet reliable (as can be) trigger.

+1
POLISH is the operative word in this statement!

NEVER touch fire control components with a file. I would say not to even use a sanding stone, unless you know exactly what you're doing, have the knowledge and understanding of the internal safety components to properly test their functionality, and spare OEM components so you're not tempted to carry it should it fail testing.
When in doubt err on the side of your freedom, and future gun ownership.

They say adrenaline alone will take up 3 lbs of trigger, so don't go for anything too light. You've already got the connector and spring, so personally, I'd just go with what one of the other user's said and drop the cash on some Trijicons.

Another option... If you've never bought ammo from FM, they ship your first order for free, so you can grab 550rds of training ammo for about $100. I'd spend that ammo wisely, working controlled pairs(follow up shots) at the 10 yard line. Between that and your dry firing, you'll get real comfortable with the feel of that trigger, pretty quick.

P.S. You offered a penny for my thoughts and I gave you my 2 cents, so if we ever meet, I think you owe me a penny. lol

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can buy that great freedom munitions ammo and work on malfunction drills...
Really Snake??? I would tend to assume that you are speaking about the price-point and not to any personal experience with the ammo. Over the 3-4 years my family alone has run through 10-15,000 rounds of their ammo. 9mm, 45acp, 300blk, 5.56, and 308and have had less than a .05%(that's 5 in 10,000) failure rate, most of which appeared as light primer strikes that could be blamed on the gun. Cheaper and more accurate than Tula, wolf and all the other cheap stuff, and more accurate in our guns. But most importantly to my family, is that it's made right here in these fine Unites States! I've been recommending them to friends and customer's alike for quite some time, and though I don't sell that much of it around town, I'm actually a dealer for them. No one ever complained and most are now devoted customers.

But Snake, you do speak like a man who knows his stuff! Like a man that knows EXACTLY what he's talking about, so I'd like to give you the opportunity to prove me wrong and make a few bucks in the process...
I actually have 1,000 rds of their REMANUFACTURED 45ACP sitting in my safe right now. I am confident enough in the ammo to make a public wager with you. We'll run all 1,000 rounds through my HK45, and if we run across more than one FTF (since you say we'll be running malfunction drills) I'll pay you. If not, then you pay me.

Obviously, we would have to split the cost of the 1,000 rds of ammo ($281)of ammo I'll be providing on top of the actual wager. But I think it'll be fun! And another great opportunity for peeps from the board to meet up.

What say ye?

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@APH Tactical - Here is the thread that snake was referencing. I believe this is where his levity originated reference the malfunction drills.

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/first-squib-ever.241499/

WOW. Thanks David. That's kinda scary. I guess I'll stop recommending them for a while. I'd still place the wager though(lol) as I've had nothing but the greatest ammo from these guys, plus...

If a bullet is missing gunpowder or a primer, my HK45 will temporarily violate Newton's third law to strike the cartridge with enough force, that the hammer will drive through the casing, to make direct contact with the bullet forcing it to leave the barrel at no less than 1100fps.
I once put NO.2 pencil in the barrel and pulled the trigger; there was no sound, but the pencil disappeared, there was a small hexagonal hole in my roof! I later found out that a farmer in Nebraska was mysteriously killed, when a NO.2 pencil "fell from an airplane or helicopter" fatally striking him in the head. At first I thought it was just a coincidence, but then the coroner reported that in the wound, he found trace amounts drywall and gun oil, which is when I knew it was my HK45! I told it to go to timeout, but it just brushed it's beard and laughed at me???

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom