Glock 17 shooters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Drury, I saw in tht post that you picked up 1,000rds of FM. How'd you fare?

A couple of weak rounds; they cleared the barrel but wouldn't run the slide all the way to chamber the next round. And one; I had to pull three times in order to make it fire. It wouldn't fire in my G43, tried again, nope. So I put it in the G19 and "bang". Think I'll just spend a little more from now on and not have to worry about a squib load. I have seen one using FM new ammo in a G26 a guy was shooting at Big Boys and in my buddy's G23; those squibs are not good.

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really Snake??? I would tend to assume that you are speaking about the price-point and not to any personal experience with the ammo. Over the 3-4 years my family alone has run through 10-15,000 rounds of their ammo. 9mm, 45acp, 300blk, 5.56, and 308and have had less than a .05%(that's 5 in 10,000) failure rate, most of which appeared as light primer strikes that could be blamed on the gun. Cheaper and more accurate than Tula, wolf and all the other cheap stuff, and more accurate in our guns. But most importantly to my family, is that it's made right here in these fine Unites States! I've been recommending them to friends and customer's alike for quite some time, and though I don't sell that much of it around town, I'm actually a dealer for them. No one ever complained and most are now devoted customers.

But Snake, you do speak like a man who knows his stuff! Like a man that knows EXACTLY what he's talking about, so I'd like to give you the opportunity to prove me wrong and make a few bucks in the process...
I actually have 1,000 rds of their REMANUFACTURED 45ACP sitting in my safe right now. I am confident enough in the ammo to make a public wager with you. We'll run all 1,000 rounds through my HK45, and if we run across more than one FTF (since you say we'll be running malfunction drills) I'll pay you. If not, then you pay me.

Obviously, we would have to split the cost of the 1,000 rds of ammo ($281)of ammo I'll be providing on top of the actual wager. But I think it'll be fun! And another great opportunity for peeps from the board to meet up.

What say ye?

I appreciate the offer but think I'll pass. My wife would shoot ME if I spent that much money for someone else to shoot up their own ammo.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My biggest beef with FM had been the hard primers. I run either 4 or 4.5# striker springs in my Glocks, and had lots of FM ammo not ignite.

Blazer, Speer, or Remington? No issues.

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Drury, guess I just keep getting lucky. From my very first order of 300BLK a few years back for nearly 50cents a round cheaper than ANYONE else, I've had no issues.

Got it Snake. Woulda been fun though. I truth though, mine woulda shot me too.

Hey Tom, interesting, thanks. Probably wouldn't help, being that light, but are you running a lightened firing pin? Just curious.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Drury, guess I just keep getting lucky. From my very first order of 300BLK a few years back for nearly 50cents a round cheaper than ANYONE else, I've had no issues.

Got it Snake. Woulda been fun though. I truth though, mine woulda shot me too.

Hey Tom, interesting, thanks. Probably wouldn't help, being that light, but are you running a lightened firing pin? Just curious.
Yes

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just for the record, I have shot about 300 rounds of the FM ammo that they replaced my bad batch with. Its all been good so far. The replacement was in 50 round boxes and my bad stuff was in a fake plastic ammo can. All of it reman so I dont know if they are different or just different packaging. I still dont trust them. And I do believe firing a round on top of my squib tweaked my rails on my Timberwolf frame. It still shoots great though.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just put night sights on them and call it good. As for ammo.. 100 rounds of 9mm WWB is $18.97 at Walmart so for ~$190 you can buy 1k rounds anywhere anytime. 1k rounds of practice will buy most of us far more improvement than a trigger job.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my EDCs is a Glock 17. I have changed nothing about the gun as my concerns are with the Civil Trial that could occur if I have to use the weapon. I don't want some young punk lawyer to tell the jury my gun was altered to be more of a Special Forces fighting gun. I know it sounds ridiculous, but it happens. Just my .02 cents...
WIN. Mods please lock.......

Latest posts

Top Bottom