Glock 19 (Gen 5) or Sig P365XL....?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 19 or Sig P365XL

• Total voters

Ken Andrews

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My EDC has been a Glock 30S for over five years but I am in my mid-70's now and shooting this light weight, compact 45 ACP is more of chore these days and it's only going to get worse from here on out. I am looking at switching to a Gen-5 Glock 19 but the Sig Saur P365XL recently caught my attention. I would be interested in your recommendations and comments especially if you have firsthand experience with the Sig. Remember to VOTE... Glock 19 or Sig P365XL

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
To me this is kind of apples and oranges. The 19 is closer to the M&P line where the 365xl is 43 or HellCat size. I have owned several 19s and 365s standard and xl. I will say every 365 I have owned or shot, shot extremely well. I would absolutely have total confidence in either one!

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a Sig Sauer P365. I also own a Glock19. Notice I said carry vs own. The trigger on the Sig is a whole bunch better and easier to conceal. The Glock is the epitome of reliability. Isn't it great to have choices....your on the right track and can't go wrong with either one.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You’ll most likely prefer the feel of the 365, it’s got some features that show it’s not a couple decade old design. That being said, since Sig revamped 10 or 12 years ago they’ve got a bad habit of “beta testing” their products on consumers, and when their guns fall apart or break they issue a recall or a fix and make a change to the next batch. For that reason I’ve looked past all of their new, innovative products, and stuck with Glock. A 19 isn’t as compact, ergonomic, or modern as the 365. I’m not saying you’ll have a single issue with any Sig, but if there’s one thing that doesn’t come into question by anyone, it’s the 19’s reliability.

Latest posts

Top Bottom