Glock 19 magazine stolen at gun range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnson184

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took a friend shooting for the first time at Banner Road last Saturday. I didn't notice until after I got home that I was short one magazine. (My fault for not checking before we left the range!)

I'm very careful about where I place my stuff and all my magazines go into an ammo can after they're used to transport back home. I make sure to count the number of magazines as I use them up so I don't forget any. On that Saturday, there were a lot of other people at the range. I usually put my guns in their cases in a pile next to my other stuff on the table as I put up targets/check targets. I think my magazine got stolen when I did this. :homer:

But ya... just sharing this story to raise the awareness of other relatively new shooters. Next time I'll be sure to close the lid on my ammo can so nobody can walk by and grab it. I'd much prefer the idea of me misplacing a magazine as opposed to another firearm owner stealing it... but I'm very sure that I placed all my magazines in my ammo can.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You would be amazed at what people leave at ranges.
While cleaning Red Castles Range I have found shotguns left in racks
pistols, ammo, scopes, slings, and lots of magazines,rifle rests Etc.Etc.
Usually to much B.S.ing with somebody and not paying attention when they are packing up.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had experiences like this before. Sometimes the item never reappears, but other times they will show up in the oddest places. I've mistakenly thought things were stolen before, only to feel guilty and foolish when finding I'd misplaced them. Therefore, I try to not think theft unless there's proof otherwise.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always mark the bottom of my magazines with a silver sharpie.

It lets me see quickly identify which magazines are mine. It also helps me keep track of whats missing when I go to load up to go home.

zerotonothing

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I left 12 rounds of 9mm Federal Hydra Shok at H&H a week and a half ago. Unloaded the G26 mag w/ +2 extension to have prdator work on the extension (filed a sharp edge down); forgot about the unload and left them lying there. Damned nearly as expensive as a magazine. I was pissed. So if someone reading this picked up the ammo....at least send me a "thank you" PM.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might call Harry and ask him if he found one. You'd be surprised what I've found when helping him clean up the range before he locks it up at night. I once left my earpro there and he grabbed it and brought it inside for me.

planefixr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People may call me neurotic but I check, double check, triple check, and then inventory again when I get home. Luckily the range I frequent most (Thunderbird Range) is run by a great guy and most of us that use the range great people as well so I don't think I would have to worry about anything being stolen while there or even if I left it. Sorry to hear about your mag. I agree with previous posters give Harry a call.

Latest posts

Top Bottom