Glock 19 or knock off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a butt ton of .40, but it’s only use is for practice ammo for my Smith 610. Having another pistol that can use 40 is appealing. F I’m reading things right, the g23 is exactly the same as the 19, with the exception of the magazines, barrel, and slide cut to work with a .40 barrel, right? All I would have to do is swap out barrels and mags and I would essentially have a 19?
Mine is a gen 3 G23 and I've not had to change the extractor. IIRC some people have said the mags "can" work as well, but I've got a place for mags on the uber cheap, so I've just got a butt ton of G17/19 and 22/23 mags so that's not a big deal for me.

The other option is that the PSA dagger uppers are an exact replacement and can be had real cheap like if you catch them on sale. So you could have a drop 'N swap setup pretty cheap for about a 30 second change over. Gives many many more options for when ammo is hard to come by or when the end of the modern times starts.

Edit: the conversion barrels are a drop fit, so there's no slide work or anything.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine is a gen 3 G23 and I've not had to change the extractor. IIRC some people have said the mags "can" work as well, but I've got a place for mags on the uber cheap, so I've just got a butt ton of G17/19 and 22/23 mags so that's not a big deal for me.

The other option is that the PSA dagger uppers are an exact replacement and can be had real cheap like if you catch them on sale. So you could have a drop 'N swap setup pretty cheap for about a 30 second change over. Gives many many more options for when ammo is hard to come by or when the end of the modern times starts.

Edit: the conversion barrels are a drop fit, so there's no slide work or anything.
Thoughts on those dagger uppers though? A big reason for getting the Glock is the reliability. Honestly, a completely reliable, trust it in a gunfight 9mm is the end goal. I would love to have the ability to swap between 9mm and 40, but having a dead nuts reliable 9mm is top priority.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Thoughts on those dagger uppers though? A big reason for getting the Glock is the reliability. Honestly, a completely reliable, trust it in a gunfight 9mm is the end goal. I would love to have the ability to swap between 9mm and 40, but having a dead nuts reliable 9mm is top priority.
Out of your choices I would definitely go with the G45 then.

I would only consider a Dagger as a range gun at this time.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've not used the uppers myself but a couple of trusted friends have with no reported issues. Considering you can only have one upper on at a time I'd assume the 9 would be in the "carry" slot in this thought experiment so you'd be all OEM there.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom