Glock 19 or knock off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jgreen30

Marksman
Reaction score
I have a butt ton of .40, but it’s only use is for practice ammo for my Smith 610. Having another pistol that can use 40 is appealing. F I’m reading things right, the g23 is exactly the same as the 19, with the exception of the magazines, barrel, and slide cut to work with a .40 barrel, right? All I would have to do is swap out barrels and mags and I would essentially have a 19?
If you go with a gen 5 23 the slide is also wider then the 19 and older gen 40s. So if you already have kydex holsters for the 9/40 glocks they likely won't fit it. I used mine in a 20 holster until companies finally started releasing holsters for the gen 5 23

Sted-E Ed-E

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You could always get a PSA dagger slide later to throw on top. That’s what I did and eventually ended up with and extra frame and an extra g19… keep in mind most aftermarket slides are gen3 compatible only
33BF1463-6A37-4159-B02B-8404BADD5AC0.jpeg

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I have my Glock blue label coupon burning a hole in my pocket. Been wanting to get a 19, 19x, or a 45, with preference towards the latter two. I’ve noticed cheaper, or fancier versions of these pistols, notably the shadow systems offerings and the palmetto state offerings. Opinions/thoughts between the three? Any reason why I should pick one over the others?
People have been talking about replacement slides and barrels for a G23. Lonewolf makes replacement barrels for Glocks. I have one of them for my G23 to change it to 9MM. I have a few designated G19 magazines just for it but I’ve played around with the G23 mags and they worked fine with the 9 ammo. Just throwing that out there. Also you don't need to change extractors with the Lone Wolf barrel because of the way the barrel is designed.

Lone wolf barrels start around $160 and up. Palmetto State Armory complete slide uppers with everything, barrel, recoil spring assembly, side and parts starts around starts like 179 and for $10 bucks bore you get a threaded barrel. Kind of hard to beat Palmetto State Armory prices

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd probably go G45 too. The 19 is just a bit too short in the grip to fit my hands comfortably...but it would conceal better.

As much as I hated on Glocks for years, the Gen 4 Model 17 is a perfect match for me and I can shoot it as well as any of my handguns that cost 4-5x as much. In fact, my G17 would be my apocalypse sidearm.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After getting to handle a few Shadow Systems pistols, I would lean towards them budget allowing. The trigger is a bit better and they have many of the mods I would do with the added benefit of free replacement if used in self defense if the police confiscate. If I were looking at a small concealable firearm I would probably get a Kimber Mako, the trigger beats glock, sig and springfield hands down no doubt, the price point is just right.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not a fan honestly. Having big hands and short fingers the 26 just doesn’t work well for me. The finger hang leaves much to be desired for me.
Im not a fan of the 26 either, but do have options though. Stike Industries +2 mag extension works very well for keeping the pinky from flailing. Also, the Magpul 12rd magazine is long enough to keep a good purchase on the grip. The Strike Industries extension is better though

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just don’t understand why those snub nose glocks are popular. With a full size grip, why would having an inch shorter barrel help you?

Latest posts

Top Bottom