Glock 19 or knock off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems to be the case. People either love it or they don’t like it at all.

I've given the Glock 26/27 platform several opportunities, and always dropped em like a bad habit. They're like a psycho ex-girlfriend. You run like hell from them, but then you start to miss them. So, you give em another chance only to remember why you ditched her in the first place.

For me, it's that damned hump in the grip. Bugs the crap out of me. I almost feel the same way about the Glock 43. Luckily, the 43X came along and I've never looked back.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're like a psycho ex-girlfriend. You run like hell from them, but then you start to miss them. So, you give em another chance only to remember why you ditched her in the first place.
Then you get a knock on the back door at 2am and there she is. Half drunk, grinning, asking if you're lonely...

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my hands, the 19X is the most accurate factory Glock I've ever fired. I was going to replace it with a 17G5 but haven't gotten around to that yet. I wasn't too good with the G45 which makes no sense whatsoever

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my hands, the 19X is the most accurate factory Glock I've ever fired. I was going to replace it with a 17G5 but haven't gotten around to that yet. I wasn't too good with the G45 which makes no sense whatsoever
What do you think causes the 19x to be that way for you and others? The weight down low and short slide balance better?

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I honestly assumed it was the improvements to the gen 5 barrel. My hope for that led to me selling the 19x to get a 17G5. I like the steel night sights on the 19X better than the plastic goalposts on any other model though

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I have my Glock blue label coupon burning a hole in my pocket. Been wanting to get a 19, 19x, or a 45, with preference towards the latter two. I’ve noticed cheaper, or fancier versions of these pistols, notably the shadow systems offerings and the palmetto state offerings. Opinions/thoughts between the three? Any reason why I should pick one over the others?
I carry a 19X regularly and it conceals well. And I carry OWB. I also carry a 26 and 17 too.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to pick up my bergara today, walked out with a 19x following me. I was planning on getting the 19 or maybe the MOS version of the 19 or 45, but they were out and didn’t have night sights on their 45s either. I’m not too happy with Glock though, their promo pen comes with blue ink. Really ruins the company for me.
81AAAB70-F51B-451B-9BC4-F606BC4A5D1D.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom