Glock 23 and IWB Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, this is an old thread but it is mine so I can revive it if I want to ;)

Has anyone ever carried the G23 (or any Glock) in a Kydex IWB? I am looking at this one from Blade Tech because it looks like the thinnest possible holster to put this "brick" in.

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_BobbyMcgeeProNanoIWB.jpg

If I understand some of your prior postings, it's the grip and back of the slide that is printing the most...right? :anyone: Plus the fact that you're skinny as a rail, doesn't help much. :disappoin

If that's the case, I doubt that that kydex holster is gonna help things any.

Also, to keep printing to a minimum, try IWB holsters like the Versa Max 2 and others that have the belt loops fore and aft. The IWBs with the dual loops stacked on top of the holster body seem to protrude outward more, hence causing the printing issue.

Give that kydex a try, but I'll bet my whiskers that you'll be less than impressed with it. :rolleyes2

Preacher99

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have carried a glock 19 in a comp-tac shirt tucker for a while and while I can conceal it with not much effort, I have gone to primarily carrying a g27 or an m&P compact which I find to be easier to carry. I do give up capacity, but don't have to worry as much.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I understand some of your prior postings, it's the grip and back of the slide that is printing the most...right? :anyone: Plus the fact that you're skinny as a rail, doesn't help much. :disappoin

If that's the case, I doubt that that kydex holster is gonna help things any.

Also, to keep printing to a minimum, try IWB holsters like the Versa Max 2 and others that have the belt loops fore and aft. The IWBs with the dual loops stacked on top of the holster body seem to protrude outward more, hence causing the printing issue.

Give that kydex a try, but I'll bet my whiskers that you'll be less than impressed with it. :rolleyes2

You are probably right about the Kydex. It is mostly the back of the slide that bothers me. I do carry it in a Versa Max 'style" holster. This one from UBG, in fact.

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_canute_1.jpg

Same one as my Kimber but with a world of difference in the resilts.

BC

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out Grandfather Oak. I've always had a problem with the double anchor point VMII/MTAC types printing the back of the slide BAD. Like I have a ball point pen poking from the inside of my shirt to the outside. Enough so it's embarassing. They also walk back to the 5:00 in short order. And yes, I use a thick one peice 1.5" leather belt. The kydex IWB from grandfather oak has a single leather loop, is slim, and rides low. Reasonably priced too. I've been using their product for probably close to a year now and it works well for me. In fact I just recently placed an order for 2 more for other CCW's I have.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The issue here, is different body shapes. For a skinny guy, if a holster won't "wrap" around their body, the holster will make things worse. The trick is yes, finding something that will hold the gun in close, but even more so, a holster that will keep the gun from moving; then also wearing a shirt that doesn't pull tight right over the gun.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going to carry this for a couple weeks moving it back to about 4 o'clock-ish and see if the slide prints less obviously. I think you are right about the cant, BigRed, the more cant, the further around your body you need to carry it.

Let me make one statement about my holster etc. for the record. It is very comfortable and I carry it for hours at a time without any problems. Its just that after I got my 1911, the G23's slide sticking through my shirt started bothering me more and more. Damn 1911's :(

Here is a pic of the new location:
ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_PA220001.jpg

GED, you are right about the "soap" comparison. The problem is that the Kimber is a bar of Dove soap and the Glock is a bar of homemade soap :)

[Broken External Image]

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how you guys wear them guns stuck down inside your britches anyway. :ugh2:

I've tried the VM2 over and over (I've owned about 4 of them over the last 3 or 4 years) and I always come back to an OWB type of holster. I'm just too damned fat for an IWB rig. :disappoin

smokeyokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Burk, I have one of the best IWB holsters made it is a Kytac Braveheart that I carry my 23 in and God knows I have tried alot of different ones.

If you want to borrow it for a few days and give it a try PM me I will let you borrow it and maybe it will work for you too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom