Glock 40 MOS light striker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really appreciate the offer. I’m gonna try this striker spring first in the AM and see if that does it. From what I’m reading online is that May be the culprit. The spring tension is vastly different than a stock one by comparison. I’ll update in the AM if it runs 100% or not.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of several Glock horror stories, here's my best: I worked on one for a guy who is a government spook (and I'll leave it at that) He had a Glock 19 with ZEV stuff, Taran Tactical stuff and Glockworks stuff. He had all sorts of problems with positive interference and negative interference. Among other things, the only way I could get it to go off was by pushing the slide to the left while it was in battery. The gun was a freaking nightmare and it took me two hours to figure out what was wrong with it. He had a basic Chevy with a Dodge motor and a Ford transmission. Guys- PUHLEEEESE don't jack with your carry or SD gun. Youtube is NOT your friend. Get a qualified Glock Armorer to work on it. I'll work on anyone's Glock for free if that helps. @sturgisrun can provide references.

The loudest sound on the planet it when a gun goes bang when it's not supposed to and click when it's supposed to go bang. Jus' sayin'...

Moparman485

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I completely agree. I typically leave all the internals of my pistols completely alone. I went ahead and ordered all of the replacement stock parts from glock this morning. Some people like the flash and fancy of upgrades, but I prefer the reliable and test proven factory option.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of several Glock horror stories, here's my best: I worked on one for a guy who is a government spook (and I'll leave it at that) He had a Glock 19 with ZEV stuff, Taran Tactical stuff and Glockworks stuff. He had all sorts of problems with positive interference and negative interference. Among other things, the only way I could get it to go off was by pushing the slide to the left while it was in battery. The gun was a freaking nightmare and it took me two hours to figure out what was wrong with it. He had a basic Chevy with a Dodge motor and a Ford transmission. Guys- PUHLEEEESE don't jack with your carry or SD gun. Youtube is NOT your friend. Get a qualified Glock Armorer to work on it. I'll work on anyone's Glock for free if that helps. @sturgisrun can provide references.

The loudest sound on the planet it when a gun goes bang when it's not supposed to and click when it's supposed to go bang. Jus' sayin'...
Those young govt bucks get taken in by all that youtube go fast bs, don’t they?

Moparman485

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whelp, fairly conclusively proved it was that lighter striker spring. Put the G20 spring in and the g40 ran flawless. Put lighter spring in g40 and got two light strikes in 10. Put g40 spring in g20 and got 3 light strikes per 10. Put original g20 spring in the g20 and ran flawless. This was multiple groups each of both factory and reloads. Looks like I found the culprit! Still gonna swap the rest back to factory. Haha. Thanks for all the input guys! Definitely helped me find light in my tunnel!

Moparman485

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ill probably list it up but with a disclosure that if using that striker spring, it doesn’t like magnum primers. No desire to let someone else think all is well and then they hit the same problems. Haha.

Moparman485

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to follow up. Just got all the parts in and she’s back the way she should be! Thanks again for your expertise. I would’ve been wandering aimlessly without yalls help!

Attachments

• 3ECBA926-658F-4010-9FDB-542C272B2986.jpeg
    3ECBA926-658F-4010-9FDB-542C272B2986.jpeg
    141.3 KB · Views: 84

Latest posts

Top Bottom