Glock 43 or Glock 43X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 43 or Glock 43X or Glock 48

• Glock 43

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Glock 43X

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Glock 48

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You will just have to compare the 3 for your needs and carry preference.

I own Glocks but only shoot them in GSSF matches. I carry a P365 when most would carry a 43. From there I usually carry a M&P full size and the P365 becomes a backup. I sometimes step back to a M&P 2.0 Compact or a .45 Shield.

So, if I was carrying Glocks, 43 for pocket or ankle carry. 19 or 17 For the M&Ps. The 48 would replace the .45 Shield as concealing the extra length is no big deal. I personally would not see a need for the 43x.

I have a 43x that will ship Tuesday. It is allowed in the Sub-Compact class that I currently shoot a 26 in.
I want to compare it against the 26 as the COF is limited to 11 rounds anyhow. I thing the longer grip might make up for the lighter weight.

I’ve handled the 43x and 48. They both feel good in my large hands. (Same frame)

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went with the 43x. Picked mine up last Friday. I enjoyed my two different Glock 43's (Talo), but I had issues with plus 2 base plates either flat our not running or pinching. I'm 0/3 for on the P365, so the 43x was my next try at small.

Photo%20Jan%2019%2C%2011%2047%2022.jpg

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let us know ASAP what you think about the 43X. I'm considering it for my next purchase as well. I don't know why...this model 45 I'm carrying presently is awesome from every angle, but as we get older, ounces become pounds.

I was carrying my G43 with a Vickers/Tango Down +2, but I like the idea of 10 rounds without an extension instead of 8 rounds with.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let us know ASAP what you think about the 43X. I'm considering it for my next purchase as well. I don't know why...this model 45 I'm carrying presently is awesome from every angle, but as we get older, ounces become pounds.

I was carrying my G43 with a Vickers/Tango Down +2, but I like the idea of 10 rounds without an extension instead of 8 rounds with.

I assume to were referring to my post? If not, I apologize. If so, I'm loving mine. I have 240 rounds down range with mine. Headed out to burn more carry ammo and another 100 rounds of FMJ in a hour or so.

With the HD's, it hit point of aim. Here is the first 100 with it at 7 yards.
Photo%20Jan%2020%2C%2011%2007%2009.jpg

I may need to adjust my rear sight as I am pulling it just a tad left. I'm notorious for pushing the weapon left when shooting, so I'll give it some time and let Will Andrews try on my next class with him. He's a good solution when you want to know where your weapon is hitting. I'll move out to 20 yards this afternoon.

I did have one light primer strike at around the 50-60 round mark. It was with some 124 grain Federal HST ammo. I'm going to chalk that up to the ammo as I have had (3 now) light primer strikes with this lot of ammo I purchased almost 2 years ago. Channel was clear and clean of any debris prior to the first rounds. I had 2 light primer strikes with that lot on my M11-A1 a few months ago and it usually all but punches holes in the primer on impact.

147 grain HST, 124/147/115 ball with no issues other than the LPS i mentioned above. I do not like the grooved trigger on it at all. I had the same issues with all previous Glock's with them. I'm either going to rob a smooth faced Glock trigger shoe or get a Kineti-Tech shoe soon. Other than that and NS, it's staying stock. Trigger pull is very nice.

I'm all but sold on it. I have about 200 dollars worth of custom leather on its way. As soon as it arrives, it will bump the Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS out of the daily carry rotation and move it to road trips etc.

My big issue right now is mags. 2 ten round mags are a PITA at the range.

No major primer drag on mine.

Photo Jan 20, 10 58 11.jpg

Photo Jan 19, 11 48 11.jpg

Photo Jan 19, 11 48 55.jpg

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot my 43x today in a Steel challenge stage. 18 yard 10 and 12” plates were not a problem. I’m looking forward to comparing it to a 26 with Pearce grip extensions in the future.

The 43x is WAY easier to control than the 43. But it isn’t going to be a pocket/ankle gun like 43.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the report. I reckon I'll hafta try one. Love the sights. They remind me of the incredible Ameriglos I have on my G45.

Ran another 131 rounds down range yesterday. All 147 grain HST and Sig V-crown 124 grain. No issues at all. Spent time dialing it in at 10 yards and 15 yards.

Groups with the HST were good, but the V-crown was much tighter. I think I’m going to carry the Sig 124 grain. I really couldn’t tell a different in recoil between the two, like I can between 124/147 HST. Just wish they sold this in 50 round boxes somewhere I could get it with no tax or cheaper than my local Academy Sports. 13.99 isn’t too bad I guess, and they always have it stock.

I’m satisfied with it as a carry piece. Leather should be here soon and I’ll put it in the rotation.

I can’t get over how light it is and how well it fits me. 11 rounds plus a reload doesn’t leave me feeling undergunned one bit. Need a dozen or so extra mags and I’ll be set. I was planning on putting a Kineti-Tech trigger shoe in it, but I’m going to hold off for now. Not a fan of the grooved trigger, but it doesn’t seem to affect me as bad as I thought it would.

I’m now a super fan of the yellow front HD night sight. I’ve got one on my Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS and now this 43x. That big yellow blade almost feels like cheating.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 43 and like it. slap on a mic "holster" and put it in my pocket, easy peasy. I think the 43x would be a little to tall for pocket carry which is a turn off for me. My next CCW will be a glock 26. Yes it is thicker than the single stack guns but still easy enough to conceal and I like that they can use all of my 19 and 17 magazines.