Glock 43X full report...of holding one

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stopped by a local gun shop after work and the owner was going through some shipments he received. One of the guns was a new Glock 43X.

He got it out and had me look it over. I thought it looked much nicer in person with the silver-finished slide than my perception from the pictures and videos I had seen. It isn't stainless looking but not just a painted silver either.

The most impressive aspect for me was how good the gun felt in my hand. It wasn't loaded, so that affected the weight ten rounds of 9mm would have made, but the grip fit well in my hand and the sight picture with the stock sights seemed like it would be easy to shoot well.

I know the Sig 365 has caused the other manufactures to chase capacity in carry size guns, so I guess the ten round capacity mag in the Glock 43X ups the original 43 capacity while making the gun legal in the ten round capacity or less states.

I don't have a Glock and haven't shot one to any extent in a couple of years, but I do look forward in a few weeks to being able to head to the outside gun range to shoot a few Glocks (26/5, 43, 43X, 19/5) some folks have just to see how they compare to the Springfield and Beretta pistols I have been shooting.

Last edited:

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not a Glock fan by any stretch of the imagination, but the G43X and G48 both feel good in my hand (never said that about any double stack Glock). The other combination Glock is not offering at this time--the 43L--looks interesting as well.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will say I like everything about my Glock 48. Shoots great and a joy to carry.

Okay, okay! Dang...you’ve convinced me. Gtdist.com has them in Blue Label for $358 and I am about to place my order. You carrying in a UBG RTBA? What about IWB?
I fondled one at Big Boys the other day and I liked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, okay! Dang...you’ve convinced me. Gtdist.com has them in Blue Label for $358 and I am about to place my order. You carrying in a UBG RTBA? What about IWB?
Correct, UBG RTKA and Badger Concealment IWB. I have night sights and 2 extra mags on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I fondled the G48 at Big Boys a week ago as well. I really like the feel of it and interested in the thinner slide and frame. I carry a G19.5 RMR now. G48 would be more comfortable and easier to carry IWB.
I have a G43 with Taren Tactical +2 mag extensions, which is basically the same as a G43X, so I am really thinking about the G48 as my next Glock purchase.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get one, then drag out that G43 of yours, swap slides, and enjoy your 43X.:cool:

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you already have a 43, theres no reason to get a 43x
Get a 48 cause then you can have a 43, 43x, 43L, and a 48.
I've tried all combos and they all work well.
The 43L is actually really nice. Just wish the grip didn't feel like holding a piece of wood.

Latest posts

Top Bottom