Glock 43X/Glock 48 Shield Arms 15 round magazine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got one of these new magazines for my birthday. I also have a Glock 19, so I did a comparison.

I used 147 grain 9mm JHP to keep the weight of the ammo the same. Sixteen rounds (15+1).

Weight of ammo.................7.8 oz.

Glock 43x
Unloaded weight................16.7 oz.
Loaded weight....................26.5 oz.

Glock 19 (Gen-4)
Unloaded weight...............21.02 oz.
Loaded weight..................30.9 oz.

Glock 43x/48 15 round magazine
Unloaded......................2.1 oz.
Loaded.........................9.4 oz.

Glock 19 15 round factory magazine
Unloaded......................2.3 oz.
Loaded.........................9.7 oz.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got one of these new magazines for my birthday. I also have a Glock 19, so I did a comparison.

I used 147 grain 9mm JHP to keep the weight of the ammo the same. Sixteen rounds (15+1).

Weight of ammo.................7.8 oz.

Glock 43x
Unloaded weight................16.7 oz.
Loaded weight....................26.5 oz.

Glock 19 (Gen-4)
Unloaded weight...............21.02 oz.
Loaded weight..................30.9 oz.

Glock 43x/48 15 round magazine
Unloaded......................2.1 oz.
Loaded.........................9.4 oz.

Glock 19 15 round factory magazine
Unloaded......................2.3 oz.
Loaded.........................9.7 oz.
Very very interesting. Thanks

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shield Arms 15 Round Glock 43X & Glock 48 Magazines
Mrgunsngear
Premiered 10 hours ago
We do some shooting with the new Shield Arms 15 round magazine for the Glock 43X & Glock 48, discuss the features of the mags, and what I think of them overall.

Reaction score
Never was a Glock guy at all until a few years ago, always liked 1911 and sig p220's. Not sure if I would be called a Glock guy per se even now but I got a g17 a few years back. Like it a lot.

I was one of the ton of suckers that bought one of the original sigma's (for a pile of money) that S&W got sued for. Shot it a couple of times and sold it for a lot less than I payed for it.

Fast forward. I have a blue label g43x black slide on layaway in Edmond and have a couple of shield mag's, mag catch and ameriglo hackathorn sights on order. I think this will be a great daily driver.

Am I a Glock guy now? Maybe, but I look at it like I have expanded my likes to include Tupperware guns also.

Boldkharma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Black slide G48 with Ameriglo sights is the only Glock I have now after owning lots. I don't think it gets any better for size and capacity with the Shield mags. My 4 mags have been 100% so far. I carry the Glock when I don't feel like carrying my Commanders, so rarely : ) My wife loves her G43X black slide with Amerglo as well.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally bought an S15 mag and aluminum mag release. Shield Arms was out of the mag releases for my G48, but I found a good price for one at Aim Surplus. Thus far, it's been flawless. Going to order 2 more. Hard to beat the G48 (or 43x for that matter) with 15+1 with a flush mag.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guilty! I love my G48... LOVE IT. But I miss my 365 XL. It was fun. Maybe @amcardon will make me a deal and sell it back to me! It was a good shooter.

Funny you should mention it - a buddy was in need of something small (purpose-driven scenario) and is currently "testing it out" to see if it will fit his requirements... So, if he doesn't like it I'll hit you up, but I have a feeling it will end up with him :-)

Latest posts

Top Bottom