Glock 48 magazine options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to get some higher capacity mags for my G48. It seems the Shield 15-rounders are nowhere to be found and I'm really not keen on needing to change out the mag release to go along with them. The only other high cap mags for the 48 that I have come across are 19-rounders by Elite Tactical Systems. Don't necessarily want that many rounds and they are made of some sort of clear plastic. I wonder how well they would hold up. Anybody have experience with them, or does anybody know of other options for the 48? TIA!

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Shield magazines and they have worked fine. I have some of the ETS magazines for my G-17 and haven’t had any problems at all.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The word is that Shield Arms is coming out with a Gen2 mag and has stopped production on the Gen1 version.

I have thought about selling a couple of my SA15 magazines to help someone out but I'm very hesitant to do so because it may take a while for production to get caught up and the new version to actually be obtainable.

ETA: The mag release change is pretty simple.

Last edited:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
anybody know of other options for the 48? TIA!

Practice, practice, practice.

But seriously, I know the old saying, "I'd rather have too much than not enough." I figure for an every day Joe, 10+1 in the gun and a spare mag in your back pocket should be sufficient. Unless you visit places you shouldn't or hang out at the bad part of town. You really don't need a bucket of bullets.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

But seriously, I know the old saying, "I'd rather have too much than not enough." I figure for an every day Joe, 10+1 in the gun and a spare mag in your back pocket should be sufficient. Unless you visit places you shouldn't or hang out at the bad part of town. You really don't need a bucket of bullets.

Never heard anyone complain about having too much ammo. Not as though you can call time out and reload. Places you shouldn’t visit like gas station, car washes, atms, movie theaters, restaurants... all places for randomshooting, car jackings, or robberies...

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If an armed civilian needs more than 8 or 9 rounds to stop a threat, he's probably lost already. A wise man once told me, when it comes to local street thugs (like the type you mentioned, lurking at the theaters, gas pumps and car washes) all you gotta do, is change his mind. I just think dozens and dozens of rounds are not only over rated, they are a liability as well.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Thanks. I looked at those this afternoon. May very well try one or two.

I have some of the ETS magazines for my G-17 and haven’t had any problems at all.

Glad to hear. Thanks. I really don't need or want 19 rounds but, for the price, I might have to try one just for grins.

And, for the record, league shooting is more the reason for wanting the increased capacity than self defense. I have arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome, and loading mags can really be a problem. If I can have mags pre-loaded before a league shoot, life is much better! I'm fine with ten rounds for daily carry, although a pinky extension would be nice!

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score

While your response is definitely a cliche kind of answer in these talks, I wholeheartedly agree in this case. I purchased two of the SA15 mags, but I rarely carry them. They typically get used at the range. They end up adding extra weight to a platform that is made to be small and light, which is a bit counterintuitive in my opinion. 10+1+10 in reserve SHOULD be 18 more rounds than I need in a typical CC self defense situation.

@DRC458 i don’t have experience with the ets mags, but the SA15s are worth the wait in my opinion. I don’t want to disuade you from getting the higher cap magazines either, but the extra weight of 5 or 9 rounds over the standard 10 may make carrying said weapon less convenient. Just food for thought.

Latest posts

Top Bottom