Glock 48 magazine options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Bah humbug! [emoji16] I carry a G48 with a 15 round magazine and I hardly even notice it is there.

Of course it is up to the individual but the only reason I became interested in the G48 was because of the creation of the SA15 magazines.

I had a G43X and a G48 in my hands early on and I was not at all very impressed about them or interested in owning one until I heard about the development of the Shield Arms mags a few months later.

My first thought upon reading about the possibility of a higher capacity magazine for the slimline pistols was "Why didn't I think of that!".

I encourage anyone interested in them to at least get one and try it out before you let others dissuade you.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bah humbug! [emoji16] I carry a G48 with a 15 round magazine and I hardly even notice it is there.

Of course it is up to the individual but the only reason I became interested in the G48 was because of the creation of the SA15 magazines.

I had a G43X and a G48 in my hands early on and I was not at all very impressed about them or interested in owning one until I heard about the development of the Shield Arms mags a few months later.

My first thought upon reading about the possibility of a higher capacity magazine for the slimline pistols was "Why didn't I think of that!".

I encourage anyone interested in them to at least get one and try it out before you let others dissuade you.
Same here tho I carry the 43x. Thinkin bout gettin the 48 cause the 43x is a snappy some bi-otch

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was very close to getting the 43x, but since I had not shot one I was concerned of this very thing. Glad I went with the 48.

If you have a 48, get a regular old 43, so you can put the 43 slide on the 48 frame and voila-you now have a 43X.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If an armed civilian needs more than 8 or 9 rounds to stop a threat, he's probably lost already. A wise man once told me, when it comes to local street thugs (like the type you mentioned, lurking at the theaters, gas pumps and car washes) all you gotta do, is change his mind. I just think dozens and dozens of rounds are not only over rated, they are a liability as well.
Many, many years ago when I stopped carrying a S&W 66 and started carrying a Browning Hi-Power with two extra mags on my belt there was another officer who asked if I was going to war. I told him I’d rather have too much than not enough. His reply was that if he couldn’t hit his target with the ammo he had (18 rounds), he shouldn’t be carrying a gun in the first place.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's a lot of truth in that. I'm reminded of the movie Serpico when he buys a BHP. The guy selling him the pistol says, "that's a 14 round clip. You expecting an army?"
Frank Serpico says, "no...just a division."
Many, many years ago when I stopped carrying a S&W 66 and started carrying a Browning Hi-Power with two extra mags on my belt there was another officer who asked if I was going to war. I told him I’d rather have too much than not enough. His reply was that if he couldn’t hit his target with the ammo he had (18 rounds), he shouldn’t be carrying a gun in the first place.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only other high cap mags for the 48 that I have come across are 19-rounders by Elite Tactical Systems. Don't necessarily want that many rounds and they are made of some sort of clear plastic. I wonder how well they would hold up. Anybody have experience with them
I own several ETS magazines for other Glock pistols. Their translucent polymer mags are quite durable and hold up extremely well. I've never had any issues with any ETS Glock mags in the past. They also have several videos testing the durability of that polymer mag. They look weird being clear, but they definitely work. Having said that, I would also say that I do not own an ETS mag for the 43x/48, but would have no reservations about buying one in the future.

Latest posts

Top Bottom