Glock 48 magazine options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought the same thing. The 43x did bite some. Whereas my Springfield mod.2 subcompact is rather pleasant.

I have the Springfield as well, and enjoy it. I believe it is a few ounces heavier than the 48 IIRC. I need to take the two of them to the range just for a comparison.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My g43 is balanced perfectly with a full 10rd mag and carries great. It everything I’ve (we’ve) asked from Glock to give us and I’m not about to fiddle fart with aftermarket mags that may or may not have issues, may or may not need one of their steel mag catches, etc. this thing has the functionality of a 1911 in 9mm in a much lighter and reliable package

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My g43 is balanced perfectly with a full 10rd mag and carries great. It everything I’ve (we’ve) asked from Glock to give us and I’m not about to fiddle fart with aftermarket mags that may or may not have issues, may or may not need one of their steel mag catches, etc. this thing has the functionality of a 1911 in 9mm in a much lighter and reliable package
Good for you. I preffer the higher rd count and a better trigger

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Here is some breaking news. I have a Glock 48 with the Shield Arms mag release, one factory and one Shield Arms Gen 1 mag. The new Gen 2 mags came in today and will not lock in place with the slide opened or closed. Waiting to hear from Shield Arms. Visual inspection appears the slot for the mag release is smaller on the Gen 2 as compared to Gen 1.

A little file work maybe in order.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is some breaking news. I have a Glock 48 with the Shield Arms mag release, one factory and one Shield Arms Gen 1 mag. The new Gen 2 mags came in today and will not lock in place with the slide opened or closed. Waiting to hear from Shield Arms. Visual inspection appears the slot for the mag release is smaller on the Gen 2 as compared to Gen 1.

Thanks for the info. Anxious to hear the resolution!

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yes, please keep us updated.. I see the Gen 2’s are 3 for $114 and would like to give them a try (if they work)

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Hmmm...Interesting. I haven't heard of anyone else having that problem.

I only have the gen1 mags so I don't have any direct experience with the new version but I have read several good reports on them.

Maybe there is some kind of tolerance stack issue with the mags, the mag catch, and the gun itself.

I hope you get it worked out and let us know the outcome.

Latest posts

Top Bottom