Glock 48 parts and accessories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna' put an extended slide release on my G48 (and, maybe my G22). I can get the kit from Glock with metal pins and all extended controls, or I can buy the extended release individually from other sources. I know Vickers sells one that looks pretty decent. What does everybody recommend?

Also ... the Shield Arms 15-round mags. Anybody using them? Reliability? Impressions? Concerns? While we're at it, has anybody got them in stock and what's their price?

TIA.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just read about someone that took a training class recently and the report back was that the Shield Arms magazines weren’t reliable. The instructor also noted that other students were having issues with those magazines, too.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't have a G48 but if I did and I could afford it, I would be trying out the Shield Arms 15 round mags with their mag release and stronger springs.

https://shieldarms.com/s15-magazine-10-power-spring

I have been following and reading just about everything I find about them since I first heard about the mags a year and a half ago and IMO there are more reports of them working well when things are set up correctly than not.

I have read a time or two that there is a difference in the guns with the black slides reliability over the ones with silver slides but I don't know if that has been proven.

I don't know when I'll get my next pistol but when I do the G48 is near the top of my list.

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/glock-43x-glock-48-shield-arms-15-round-magazine.273437/

Last edited:

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just read about someone that took a training class recently and the report back was that the Shield Arms magazines weren’t reliable. The instructor also noted that other students were having issues with those magazines, too.

Do you have a link to that article?
I love the Shield Arms mags, they've been awesome. I had a couple of issues early on with it not locking the slide back on the last round, but no other malfunctions, and even in the past 400ish rounds, I haven't even had the issue of the slide not locking back.
As far as slide release, I use the Vickers. Great unit. Sticks out far enough to be useable, but not so far to interfere.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Main reason I’m not keen on trying the shield arms mags is the weight and balance, plus I’m very much ok with 10+1.

I'm kinda' leaning that same way. Do I really need more then 10+1? If I do, I'm probably in more trouble than 15+1 would fix.
Now, the extended slide release I think would be handy. Especially since arthritis and carpal tunnel are no longer my friends.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have a link to that article?
I love the Shield Arms mags, they've been awesome. I had a couple of issues early on with it not locking the slide back on the last round, but no other malfunctions, and even in the past 400ish rounds, I haven't even had the issue of the slide not locking back.
As far as slide release, I use the Vickers. Great unit. Sticks out far enough to be useable, but not so far to interfere.

It was a post on a blog that I read. It’s no by means the end all be all story on this mags, but it stuck in my mind.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It was a post on a blog that I read. It’s no by means the end all be all story on this mags, but it stuck in my mind.
I believe I read the same blog post.

Some people are hard core Glock mags only and for good reason. Unfortunately that might keep them from discovering a better alternative at some point.

Just as a data point, dude running a G48 with Shield Arms 15-round mags in last weekend's Rangemaster Instructor Development class was having constant problems with them. Tom mentioned he hadn't seem them running well in a class yet, to his knowledge.

https://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2020/09/disappointing-actually.html?m=1

Last edited:

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom