Glock aficionados, I need your expertise!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some folks get graced with a pending every time they get run through NICS. Luckily, I haven't been added to the club yet, but I expect to at some point.

Haha! This is Grumpy! Every. Single. Time. We don't buy many guns now -- just the ammo to shoot them. 😛 It's the curse of having a common name and your prints already on file.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 19X and it’s my favorite of all my Glocks. I would get a 19X and the G44. I haven’t seen many good things on conversion kits for Glocks. And they are almost as high as a G44.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had an AA slide since around 2003 and love it. I purchased it for my G23 which was my carry pistol. It really came in handy learning the Glock trigger and pulled me through the ammo shortages.

Not sure what the value of a G44 would be to me as it’s grip is nothing like the 23.

I’ve shoot thousands of rounds of golden bullets though it with really no issues. AA recommended you use them and I see why after trying Federal bulk ammunition, they’ve been my favorite shotgun round but sucked in the AA slide, maybe an inconstant velocity issue? Don’t know.

For $250 it was a bargain IMO.

FYI from a owner, JMO of course.

5147F5FF-C7FE-4CF5-ACCE-CECA4F39CAC6.jpeg

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like the Advantage Arms Kits. I have 5 of the kits -- There are model differences between Gen3 and Gen4-5 Glocks, I would contact Advantage Arms and tell them what you want to do, see if they can offer you a solution, their magazines are pretty reasonable price ( shop around, Ebay seems to be the cheapest), you might have to buy a Glock 19 kit and Glock 17 magazines.

Conversion Kits For Glock: Advantage Arms Secure Online Store

I also had the Tactical Solutions kits, there magazines were all Glock 17 sized, so on the 19X it would fit flush, plus they offer 15 round magazines.

In my opinion the Advantage Arms kits seemed the better of the 2, The only problem I seemed to run into, was the inconsistency of the .22lr ammunition. I would fire the round and it would eject, and reset the trigger, but sometime it would not reset the striker, so when you fire the next round, you get the proper trigger press but a failure to fire. It seemed it happened a lot more with the Tactical Solution kits.

I also bought the Glock 44, which in my opinion is an excellent firearm.

Look at what you want to do, then look at your budget, you might what to do a lot of things, but can only afford to do some of those things.

Advantage Arms offers threaded barrels, recessed cuts for a red dot.

I like the used market, just have to be patient.

Good luck on your quest !!!!!!!

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a G45 sitting at my FFL. Waiting for my three days waiting period to
I have a G45 sitting at my FFL. Waiting for my three days waiting period to be over.
Ive purchased my share over the years and never took more than 15 minutes? 3 days? I might change my mind and want something diff

Reaction score
So I’m itching to use my blue label discount. Have my eye on an FDE 19X. But, I would like to get a 22lr conversion for it. A regular 19 conversion kit doesn’t work due to the 19x taking 17 mags. Could I get a 17 conversion kit and slap it on the 19x?
I wouldn't get a 22 conversion kit for a glock. Just get the sig p322 or the FN 502. You'll be glad to just have another pistol. Too much hassle keeping up with a separate slide and mags

Latest posts

Top Bottom