Glock Baseplate removal. Is it possible?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These have got to be the hardest darn baseplates to remove on any mags I have.

I have been trying for the last hour to get them off of a couple of G26 mags to replace with the pierce fingertip extensions.

I just can't get them off. I've depressed the button, squeezed the side of the mag and the darn thing just won't move. I've even put a C-clamp on the sides to compress the sides.

Is there some trick that I'm missing?

Dave

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Push a punch into the hole in the base plate till it snaps onto the side, the depress the sides and slide the plate out.

been trying to do that all evening. Still a no go. What are you depressing the sides with? Finger pressure?

I've tried finger pressure, a C-clamp, Glock tool, knife, pliers, robogrips. Nothing. And not just one mag. Been thru 4. On two of them, it took a while to get the floorplate to snap back up.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Dave

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You have to get really rough with it,don't worry it won't break.If you were here in Tulsa I'd do it for you,it takes about 2 seconds.I use my Glock tool but a punch will work.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dave,

I have a tool that is specifically designed to squeeze the sides of Glock mags so that you can get the floorplates off. You can borrow it if you like, or I can help you with them. Just pm me if you want to use it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom