Glock Baseplate removal. Is it possible?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rw1341

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's what I use on Glock mags that I can't get moving. I take a pair of channel-lock type pliers and open them up all the way. I then use a heavy rag to prevent scratching/marring of the mag. By having the jaws opened wide, they come in with just the tips touching the mag's sides. Use light pressure, just enough to get things moving. Hope this helps!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's what I use on Glock mags that I can't get moving. I take a pair of channel-lock type pliers and open them up all the way. I then use a heavy rag to prevent scratching/marring of the mag. By having the jaws opened wide, they come in with just the tips touching the mag's sides. Use light pressure, just enough to get things moving. Hope this helps!

This is also how I do it, but I still usually have to add cussing to the process as well.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Baseplate removal is hard because the sides of the magazine have to be squeezed while the inner plate tries to prevent them from squeezing.
You need a long punch or the Glock tool. It has to be long enough to flip the inner plate to the side. Unlike other magazines that all you have to do is push the tit out of the hole, in the Glock magazine you have to push farther to flip it. Once you can feel with the punch that the little plate is on its side, use your fingers to squeeze the body, while you are pushing the baseplate with the punch. Remember to give it the flip first.

Jam Master Jay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've taken several off without depressing the sides. Insert a rod, screwdriver or such into the hole to depress the plate. Then press the edge of the baseplate against a hard surface to get it to start sliding off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom