Glock found on ocean floor still functions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not surprised. Not surprised at the fact that the Glock still worked fine and not surprised by the comments of the haters. I have slowly leaned away from Glocks, and now have Sigs, Walthers, Rugers and S&W handguns. (Oh, and my super accurate finely-tuned custom Heritage Rough Rider in .22LR). But I would not hesitate to own, carry, and depend on a Glock for self defense. I know some think they are junk, but you know what? They ain't.

At one point, I had a 43, 26, and 19. I could have just kept those and been fine for about any circumstance. But nooooo; I have the bug, so now I have something different...

I bet the ones I lost in the lake aren't anywhere near as corroded 'cause...not salt water.

Haters: :tounge2:

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not surprised. Not surprised at the fact that the Glock still worked fine and not surprised by the comments of the haters. I have slowly leaned away from Glocks, and now have Sigs, Walthers, Rugers and S&W handguns. (Oh, and my super accurate finely-tuned custom Heritage Rough Rider in .22LR). But I would not hesitate to own, carry, and depend on a Glock for self defense. I know some think they are junk, but you know what? They ain't.

At one point, I had a 43, 26, and 19. I could have just kept those and been fine for about any circumstance. But nooooo; I have the bug, so now I have something different...

I bet the ones I lost in the lake aren't anywhere near as corroded 'cause...not salt water.

Haters: :tounge2:
My guess is that you maybe got away from glocks because either you have more time and/or money to devote to firearms/pistols and enjoy the whole process of finding and comparing new guns as they apply to your needs.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not surprised at the fact that the Glock still worked fine and not surprised by the comments of the haters.
FWIW, just because someone doesn't love Glocks, doesn't necessarily mean they hate 'em either. ;)

In fact, if it were down to a Glock or a rock, I'd always choose the Glock.

Well, most of the time anyway... :drunk2:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, just because someone doesn't love Glocks, doesn't necessarily mean they hate 'em either. ;)

In fact, if it were down to a Glock or a rock, I'd always choose the Glock.

Well, most of the time anyway... :drunk2:

And it seems they make great boat anchors. You just have to tie them securely. :P

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't hate glocks, but I don't care for em either. First this was fresh water, not salt. If it had a layer of gun oil on it that probably helped a bit. And I would hope the cops at least swabbed the barrel before it was shot. And I wonder how many other firearms would survive that.

Still won't own one until they come out with a DA/SA model.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And it seems they make great boat anchors. You just have to tie them securely. :P

Bowline Knot Tying Instructions
  1. Lay the rope across your left hand with the free end hanging down. ...
  2. Bring the free end up to and pass through the eye from the under side (the rabbit comes out of the hole).
  3. Wrap the line around the standing line and back down through the loop (around the tree and back down the hole).

Latest posts

Top Bottom