Glock Gen 5 17 and 19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I am sure everyone has seen the Glock Gen 5s that are suppose to be available Sept. 30th. What are your thoughts? For me I am staying with the Gen 3 17s.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the no finger groove is going to be a selling point. A lot of people hate them. Of course they only take 10 minutes to remove. I just wish they would have done the front cocking serrations on the Gen 5 like they did the other models previously. At least they are doing what the people want. Oh and being able to get good sights is a plus.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How does the price point compare with previous generations? The DLC finish is a definite upgrade. If they are priced comparable to Gen 4s I think they have a winner. Glocks have always been overpriced IMO, but they are definitely moving in the right direction with their product. Ion Bond and finally some steel sights. Yea that's pretty nice...

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will wait to see how robust the ambi slide release is, and if there's reports of better accuracy. Sounds promising

Latest posts

Top Bottom