Glock Gen 5 17 and 19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Want a 19, seriously regret selling my gen2 G19. I recently got a g23 and never realized how bad the compact fit my hand. I always keep full size g22, g35 around and haven't owned a compact in a while. My 23 doesn't fit my hand at all. A Gen5 is likely in the future.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The compact frames like the 19 are very uncomfortable for me when firing more than a few magazines. The finger grooves were not made for humans. Also, people who shoot uspsa will likely love the new frame features. In production division you can't mod the frames to correct the awful finger grooves. Plus, there's a mag well built in.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Want a 19, seriously regret selling my gen2 G19. I recently got a g23 and never realized how bad the compact fit my hand. I always keep full size g22, g35 around and haven't owned a compact in a while. My 23 doesn't fit my hand at all. A Gen5 is likely in the future.

But...but...the 19 has the same frame as the 23 that doesn't fit your hand. You sure you want another one that won't fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the finger grooves on my G19 and G30s were exactly in the wrong place for my hand - they be gone. I did handle a Gen 5 G19 and it felt pretty good.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I fondled a gen 5 today. I liked that it didn't have the finger grooves and the trigger wasn't bad, but it's just not anything that I want. I got over Glocks many years ago.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was on my way to buying a gen5 G19, but I picked up a gen2 G23 instead. Like others, I think the finger grooves on gen3 and 4 suck.

I may be in the minority, but I still believe in the .40S&W. I've carried one on my hip for 26 years now. I don't see any reason to change. I can appreciate how the 9mm cartridge has been redesigned and turbo charged these last few years, and I even tote a G43 off duty, but yeah...I still dig the .40S&W.

Haters are gonna hate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom