Glock Gen 5 17 and 19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TuAlum0982

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a new 19 Gen 5 a few weeks ago for 560 out the door. My EDC is a glock 23 gen 4 that I love. But wanted the 19 to have as well. Love it so far!

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well I broke down an bought both the G17G5 an G19G5, and am hooked on them. Better trigger, better accuracy, and like the fact of no finger grooves. There is only one fault I find with the pistol's is the new finish. Its very slick, and requires a little more grip when slingshotting the slide.

P.S. I also bought the G43 for a small concealed carry gun. With all three magazines fitted with Taren Tactical +2 magazine bases she rocks!!

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
After having a problem with my G17G5 locking up while trying to retract the slide with my carry ammo Hornady 135gr+P Flextip, I made a call to Glock, an found that they had already had several calls about this happening. It was found that Hornady was seating the bullet a little farther out of the casing than other loads, and due to Glock's newer rifling being a lot closer to the chamber it was causing the loading to stick in the chamber. Hornady has been contacted about this an are taking care of this, but there is still older loadings of this brand on the shelves, so be careful when purchasing this particular load.

Latest posts

Top Bottom