Glock Guide Rod & Spring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An replacement RSA is only a few bucks so I would replace it. But if you go with anything besides stock replacement make sure you shoot the piss out of it before you depend on it. Ive seen more reliability issues from aftermarket RSA than anything else on a Glock.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An replacement RSA is only a few bucks so I would replace it. But if you go with anything besides stock replacement make sure you shoot the piss out of it before you depend on it. Ive seen more reliability issues from aftermarket RSA than anything else on a Glock.

I’m another one that says it’s best to just stay stock with the RSA. Why chance a failure? That G19 is probably just about broken in by now. Maybe a spring upgrade is due, but I’d stay away from aftermarket RSA’s. That’s just me. Oh I know, lots of guys never have a problem with others but then, you won’t have an issue with the stock one either.

Let me add aftermarket connectors , some anyway, to the list of parts that might lead to a failure. I’ve got a Zev that will barely run in one gun but runs fine in another. It’s now in a plastic baggie in my spare parts box...and that’s where it will probably stay. I also shy away from those connectors that require you to file this tab and bend that tab and file and bend and file and bend...nope. Drop an OEM (-) or dot Connector in if you want, but leave those file and benders alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_1782.JPG

Just received this ---- stainless with the 18# spring. Looks to be well made. I guess the next trip to the range will answer the questions.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind comment, but I’m just an average Glock guy who knows how to detail strip one and replace parts. You really can’t screw one up if you stay with OEM parts. I like a minus or dot connector, and a flat trigger, but I leave my RSA stock. Never ever have a gun related issue and I’ve been shooting Glocks for years. (Knock on wood).

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just for Glock or do you hold the same for all your guns?
This threads about glocks, based on many high volume training classes it's always the "customized" guns that fail. Change sights, add stippling but as a general rule leave internals alone

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom