Glock Owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some three months ago I acquired a Glock 17 in trade for a 26. This is only the third Glock I've owned in the forty-odd years I've been buying guns. I've had two 26's in the past. Bought both for ccw( spaced 10 yrs apart) shot them ok, just couldn't stand carrying them. Anyhow I took this 17 (a gen 3) to the range and all I can say is wow. Natural pointer(for me)Soft shooting, and utterly reliable(300 rounds) . My new home defense gun has been found! Have shot a 19 and hated it, but I love this gun. What is the magic? Would love to hear from you Glock guys. I've been a revolver guy all along (especially for carry) but I am enamored with this G 17!

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you been taking my meds?
No. I think a guy fits or don't. I like the grip on the 17 a lot more than my 19 Gen 4. I think it's just how your hand is. Palm size, finger size...just like not to heads are the same, no two hands are the same.
I like 17 and may make a project gun out of one.
Pic please.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Easy gun to like for sure, my G17 is a go to any time I am out on the tractor or running around the farm. I have not had a lot of luck with other Glocks as you stated, but the G17 for some reason is different. I shot @Annie G34 and it was very nice as well, but the 17 is my favorite.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Easy gun to like for sure, my G17 is a go to any time I am out on the tractor or running around the farm. I have not had a lot of luck with other Glocks as you stated, but the G17 for some reason is different. I shot @Annie G34 and it was very nice as well, but the 17 is my favorite.
I've said that before, something about the 17 that's different. A good different.
The new Glock X, or whatever the heck it's called, is a disappointment. Not sure why some companies feel compelled to put a new advanced gun out every year. I can see some changes like adding a Gen 6 with a new trigger and good sights, but unless your drastically changing that grip, it's just another glock.
The 17 is a bit harder to conceal but can be. When it's not concealed, it's intimidating.
They shoot good and feel good.
Haven't shot one in a while. Please bring it to the next ENS.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've said that before, something about the 17 that's different. A good different.
The new Glock X, or whatever the heck it's called, is a disappointment. Not sure why some companies feel compelled to put a new advanced gun out every year. I can see some changes like adding a Gen 6 with a new trigger and good sights, but unless your drastically changing that grip, it's just another glock.
The 17 is a bit harder to conceal but can be. When it's not concealed, it's intimidating.
They shoot good and feel good.
Haven't shot one in a while. Please bring it to the next ENS.
From Tam (http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2018/01/l-versus-x.html):
"Now Glock is selling what is basically a commercialized version of their MHS [Modular Handgun System] entry as the 'Glock 19X,' with the 19's compact slide atop the 17's full-length grip. For the MHS entry, this was because the contract specified both a 17-round magazine capacity as well as a maximum overall length."

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have Glocks, SIG's,and Browning (among others) semi-auto pistols they are good guns, but my EDC's are all wheel guns.
Why? I am better with revolvers.

He's calmed down a bit now, but if I had said that a few months back on the Kansas forum, this one guy would have denounced me as the living incarnation of pure evil for saying that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom