Glock Owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try a gen 4. They now have a dual spring recoil spring assembly. I can definitely tell the difference between the 4 and my earlier Glocks. I like the slightly smaller grip that the 4 has as well.

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The hump is in a little different spot on the 17 than the 19 if I remember correctly. Its in a terrible spot on the 26/27 though. That may be why it feels better to you.

I’m not sure, but the ergonomics must be different somehow?.. Points as good as my 1872 Colt Open Top’s. Even better than my S&W 908S. My favorite Semi of all time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, Al, I am glad you found the one that work best for you. I am just the opposite; I shoot the 19 (mine is a Gen 4 that has had the bumps removed and a Talon Grip installed) better than the 17...why? I also tried the 34, no good for me either. As posted up by SF, grip shape, and how it feels in the hand. Not that big of a difference, but enough that I can tell. The best thing I've done to improve my Gen 4 G19 was take those cursed finger bumps off the thing and wrap that Talon Grip on it. I would certainly advise someone considering this to try a pistol that's been modded, like mine, before you take a Dremel or sandpaper to your gun though! I am going to apply the same treatment to my newly acquired gen 4 G29 too. I ordered up the Talon grip for it and have begun to smooth the grip out. Should be good to go by the middle of next week; as soon as I get the Talon in the mailbox. I hate those damn finger bumps. I have fat fingers that fit right on top of each bump, and it bugs the crap outta me. So the new Dremel my kids got me for Christmas sure has been a good tool for me. I managed to burn my last "rotary tool" out pretty quick, it wasn't a Dremel though, it was an el-cheapo from Harbor Freight.

Now having said all that, I shoot my G43 and my new G29 pretty good too; I can shoot the 26/27 well as well. It just seems that the 17 and similar ones are not for me. I imagine I could get used to it...Hey, I know! Maybe I should go buy a new 17 and see how long it takes me to get used to it? Yeah...that's what I will tell the spousal unit!

:anyone:
"But...but...but Honey, I HAD to buy the new G17! I just HAD to! It was for the good of the entire forum! I would be shirking my responsibilities otherwise...you wouldn't like that now would you baby? See? You're always right Honey, yes, I agree, I am doing the right thing! Only now, darn it, I am going to have to go buy a whole lot more ammo Baby Doll Angel Pumpkin; yeah, I will HAVE TO".
:rubhands:

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, Al, I am glad you found the one that work best for you. I am just the opposite; I shoot the 19 (mine is a Gen 4 that has had the bumps removed and a Talon Grip installed) better than the 17...why? I also tried the 34, no good for me either. As posted up by SF, grip shape, and how it feels in the hand. Not that big of a difference, but enough that I can tell. The best thing I've done to improve my Gen 4 G19 was take those cursed finger bumps off the thing and wrap that Talon Grip on it. I would certainly advise someone considering this to try a pistol that's been modded, like mine, before you take a Dremel or sandpaper to your gun though! I am going to apply the dame treatment to my newly acquired gen 4 G29 too. I ordered up the Talon grip for it and have begun to smooth the grip out. Should be good to go by the middle of next week; as soon as I get the Talon in the mailbox. I hate those damn finger bumps. I have fat fingers that fit right on top of each bump, and it bugs the crap outta me. So the new Dremel my kids got me for Christmas sure has been a good tool for me. I managed to burn my last "rotary tool" out pretty quick, it wasn't a Dremel though, it was an el-cheapo from Harbor Freight.

Now having said all that, I shoot my G43 and my new G29 pretty good too; I can shoot the 26/27 well as well. It just seems that the 17 and similar ones are not for me. I imagine I could get used to it...Hey, I know! Maybe I should go buy a new 17 and see how long it takes me to get used to it? Yeah...that's what I will tell the spousal unit!

:anyone:
"But...but...but Honey, I HAD to buy the new G17! I just HAD to! It was for the good of the entire forum! I would be shirking my responsibilities otherwise...you wouldn't like that now would you baby? See? You're always right Honey, yes, I agree, I am doing the right thing! Only now, darn it, I am going to have to go buy a whole lot more ammo Baby Doll Angel Pumpkin; yeah, I will HAVE TO".
:rubhands:

Well I'd never even consider carrying it but I sure like how it shoots! This is my latest . Should have it next week:
fd60bebd756b42a3b296fff9b349db4c.jpg

Last edited:

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The G17 is the gun that I carry 80% of the time.The fingergrooves on the gen.3 fit me on the G17 model.The G19 is really irritating because the bumps are in the wrong place for my hand.If the bumps are smoothed off the G19 feels pretty good.Also nice revolver.In the really hot summer I carry a 640 it fits my hand well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom