Glock Questions/Conversation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErichS

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the issue with the 365 that has you looking at the 43X? I feel they both fill the same role.

I’ve carried a G45MOS everyday for over a year now. I‘ve carried full sized guns for a long time. have no issues concealing one in the appendix position. I actually use a G34 holster and it conceals the same. It’s all about the right belt and holster combo. I conceal it with a Polo shirt.

I really like the G45, particularly running an optic. I compete in Glock only competitions (GSSF) I’ve been competing with one in an optics division for about 17 months now. I recently moved to an iron sight G45 instead of a G17 in a couple of divisions requiring iron sights. In several back to back tests, I can make my target transitions very slightly quicker than the G17. My splits on doubles and controlled pairs are slightly quicker with a G45 and G47 than the G17.

I own a 365, a365xl, 43, 43x, 48 and 19. But I choose to carry what I shoot the best and conceal. The others haven't been carried in a long time.

I recommend staying away from most customizations of a carry gun. I see tons of Glocks being shot every year as I RO at the matches. And most of actual gun issues is related to modifications. Second only to poorly reloaded ammunition. People spend a lot of money on aftermarket mods to screw up a perfectly serviceable Glock.

I would have recommended Milling a slide to get the optic lower not to far back, but I’m really a fan on the more recent released Holosun SCS, that fits right to the MOS pattern without a plate or adapter. They obtain a lower 1/4th cowitness to factory height sights.
Nothing is wrong with the either of my sigs. They are my favorite guns I’ve shot so far. I just want to expand my collection and do not like the 320 platform. I’ve owned a Glock 43 a few years back and liked it, just got tired of the small capacity. Being on this platform for the past month has grown my interest in Glocks again.

Getintouch98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I competed with and carried a Glock 19 gen 3 non optic for years. And then I found Shadow systems. IMO, literally everything you would want to do to a Glock at a fraction of the price. Still love my 19 but it is now a safe queen. Carry the MR920 and I am thinking heavily on getting the cr920.

Glockisgood17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please.
A specific rdo milled to a specific slide and having it bedded down low compared to an mos with an adapter plate is a big advantage in terms of shootability and reliability.
Except for your opinion, can you show me any comparisons, studies or reports that back up these opinions? And not just someones feelings?
Im thinking like someone that chucked an mos, and a direct milled slide pistol into a rest and actually compared the results, not just a persons “feelings.”

Especially your ”reliability“ claim? Both of your claims, as well as the term big advantage seem to be along the line of someone’s feelings vs evidence that one system is superior then another.

I spent a day on the range with several flavors of GLOCK pistols, both mos and direct milled slides. Same models, same calibers etc. There was zero differences in accuracy, reliability, functionality that we could find. Same with match barrels. We tested 6 different “match” barrels against a dead stock G-34-5. The pistols were chucked into a ransom rest so as to remove any human feelings, interference. No differences whatsoever.

Regards,

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A 26 is the perfect carry Glock in my mind. 17 back up mag and it’s done. Now on the hip if a gent favors hip, a G17. A 26 is easy IWB, but a 17 to me is no go. 17s go in home, shop, tractor and trucks.

Most time in shorts is a Ruger LCR with a speed strip.

Last edited:

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing is wrong with the either of my sigs. They are my favorite guns I’ve shot so far. I just want to expand my collection and do not like the 320 platform. I’ve owned a Glock 43 a few years back and liked it, just got tired of the small capacity. Being on this platform for the past month has grown my interest in Glocks again.
My main point is that you are not gaining anything with the G43X over the P365XL. If you are happy with it, go to a larger frame Glock to grow your collection with. I’m not a great fan of the P320 either, and sold mine and all the various.

That said, the G43X is slightly easier to shoot than the P365 and P365XL for most people. I like both, but the P365s conceal slightly better for me.
I have the option of shooting a G26 and G43X in one division I shoot. I use the G26, as my times are better over the G43X. Not much better, but consistently better in the timer despite running lighter ammo in the G43X.

Go with your heart, but that is my feelings.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sold all my baby Glocks 26/27/33 they just were balanced correctly for me and my 165 pounds.

For me the 19/23 does everything with a slightly longer barrel. The 23 will do a .357 sig with the .40. The 9mm conversation barrel works great along with the .22 lr AA slide. A
way preferred the 19 over the 17

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a gen 3 g19. Bought it new when it came out. Immediately changed the iron sights to trijicone. Since then I have replaced the slide with one that has an emergency cut out and put in a match barrel/threaded. I had an optic on it that I carried for a year or so and took it off. I do not really care for optic on pistols. I own a farm, my g19 has been through hell and keeps on going. Exposed to year round weather/ elements, chemicals, and who knows what else. As for the optic I was constantly having to worry about it. Batteries always drained cause it had the shake awake. I use it all the time and rarely clean it. Anyways just thought I would ramble. G19 is a true stud when it comes to outside seasonal elements. It lives a daily torture test!