Glock Questions/Conversation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glockisgood17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any opinions on the 19 GEN 5 or 45 GEN 5?
My current EDC now. Holosun scs, steel oem sights and a GLOCK Performance trigger is what it is. It carry’s easier then the 45 mos. Full size grip and such on the 45.

I have a 47 MOS, I just haven’t gotten around to switching frames and slides and such-yet. I prefer a shorter slide/barrel, think a Colt commander. Some prefer the shorter grip, longer barrel combination. Why? Idk.

I used to work at the largest Blue Label dealer outside of Ft Campbell. Every payday when the newbies and sf group got their money they came in and bought a BL G-19.

I took an MOS operator course last year and there were a couple air force PJs in the class. A MOS 19 is their carry pistol. They were some pretty sheeeet hot shooters. As good as any special operations I have crossed paths with over the years.

The 45 is just a big pistol. Let us know what you choose and how it runs for you.

Regards,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

ErichS

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My current EDC now. Holosun scs, steel oem sights and a GLOCK Performance trigger is what it is. It carry’s easier then the 45 mos. Full size grip and such on the 45.

I have a 47 MOS, I just haven’t gotten around to switching frames and slides and such-yet. I prefer a shorter slide/barrel, think a Colt commander. Some prefer the shorter grip, longer barrel combination. Why? Idk.

I used to work at the largest Blue Label dealer outside of Ft Campbell. Every payday when the newbies and sf group got their money they came in and bought a BL G-19.

I took an MOS operator course last year and there were a couple air force PJs in the class. A MOS 19 is their carry pistol. They were some pretty sheeeet hot shooters. As good as any special operations I have crossed paths with over the years.

The 45 is just a big pistol. Let us know what you choose and how it runs for you.

Regards,
Will do! Thank you for all of the time and info. I am leaning heavily towards the 19!

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any opinions on the 19 GEN 5 or 45 GEN 5?
Depends on what you want...I like the G26 because it can "grow" which is important if you are only planning to have one Glock (for now, you will want more LOL). But between those two, if I was going to attempt to ever carry, I would get the G19 and then keep a G17 mag w/ and xgrip for home defense. The G45 for me isn't a good carry option but I have carried a G19 before. HOWEVER, taking carry and flexibility out of the equation, I love the G19x handle length and balance as compared to the G19 or G17 so the same could be said for the G45. BUT, you can also achieve this "balance" with the G26 w/ xgrip & G19 mag OR G19 w/ xgrip and G17 mag...all depends how small you want the gun to be able to go...otherwise the G45 if concealment isn't a factor.

ErichS

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on what you want...I like the G26 because it can "grow" which is important if you are only planning to have one Glock (for now, you will want more LOL). But between those two, if I was going to attempt to ever carry, I would get the G19 and then keep a G17 mag w/ and xgrip for home defense. The G45 for me isn't a good carry option but I have carried a G19 before. HOWEVER, taking carry and flexibility out of the equation, I love the G19x handle length and balance as compared to the G19 or G17 so the same could be said for the G45. BUT, you can also achieve this "balance" with the G26 w/ xgrip & G19 mag OR G19 w/ xgrip and G17 mag...all depends how small you want the gun to be able to go...otherwise the G45 if concealment isn't a factor.
I’ll have to go out my hands on the G26. I’m wanting a carry Glock and a bedside Glock that’s why I was gonna do a 43x and then either a 19 or 45 with MOS. I don’t plan on putting anything on my carry but some night sights, whereas I plan on doing a light and holosun on my bedside.

I’ll go put my hands on a 26 tomorrow.

ErichS

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the 19x but not an FDE fan that’s why I am looking at the 45.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am considering getting a Glock 43x and a Glock 19 or 45 MOS. Looking back at old postings of others selling their 43x, it looks like everyone was saying they had the slide milled for an optic. Is the gen 5 the first generation that comes with the MOS option? Does the MOS option on all models of Gen 5 glocks allow for the same choice of optics?

I am a big sig fan and have the 365xl and x-macro. I don’t really like any other sigs but the 1911 platforms, so I am turning my attention to Glocks. It seems that the 43x is the most customized… is that because it’s the easiest to carry?

If you carry a Glock other than the 43x, what is it?

What is the issue with the 365 that has you looking at the 43X? I feel they both fill the same role.

I’ve carried a G45MOS everyday for over a year now. I‘ve carried full sized guns for a long time. have no issues concealing one in the appendix position. I actually use a G34 holster and it conceals the same. It’s all about the right belt and holster combo. I conceal it with a Polo shirt.

I really like the G45, particularly running an optic. I compete in Glock only competitions (GSSF) I’ve been competing with one in an optics division for about 17 months now. I recently moved to an iron sight G45 instead of a G17 in a couple of divisions requiring iron sights. In several back to back tests, I can make my target transitions very slightly quicker than the G17. My splits on doubles and controlled pairs are slightly quicker with a G45 and G47 than the G17.

I own a 365, a365xl, 43, 43x, 48 and 19. But I choose to carry what I shoot the best and conceal. The others haven't been carried in a long time.

I recommend staying away from most customizations of a carry gun. I see tons of Glocks being shot every year as I RO at the matches. And most of actual gun issues is related to modifications. Second only to poorly reloaded ammunition. People spend a lot of money on aftermarket mods to screw up a perfectly serviceable Glock.

I would have recommended Milling a slide to get the optic lower not to far back, but I’m really a fan on the more recent released Holosun SCS, that fits right to the MOS pattern without a plate or adapter. They obtain a lower 1/4th cowitness to factory height sights.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll have to go out my hands on the G26. I’m wanting a carry Glock and a bedside Glock that’s why I was gonna do a 43x and then either a 19 or 45 with MOS. I don’t plan on putting anything on my carry but some night sights, whereas I plan on doing a light and holosun on my bedside.

I’ll go put my hands on a 26 tomorrow.
Well if you are getting two, one advantage of the G26/G45 combo would be the mag interchangeability as well as capacity assuming you ran the OEM +2 mags on the G26 vs the G43x. If I were going the route you were and getting two guns, I would not get a G19. The G26 will not feel as good as the G43x in your hand unless you have the extra length so if you are putting hands on it, ask the counter guy to insert a G19 mag in it so you can get a feel for it with the longer handle.

However, if getting a G43x for carry, then I might consider the G19 as the second gun...that way you would still have the option to carry it if you ever needed to.
I like the 19x but not an FDE fan that’s why I am looking at the 45.
It is more of a bronze than FDE if comparing to a true FDE glock such as a gen-3 FDE. I went G19x because I wasn't going to go MOS, I liked the OEM night sights, the gen-4 mags vs gen 5, the fact it came with two +2 OEM mags, the lack of front serrations the maritime cups, and the fact that it was the "military" glock LOL. Otherwise it is same as a G45 so personal preference.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutely no benefit except making your wallet lighter and voiding you factory warranty. You don’t need a custom mill job. A complete waste of dollars.

Regards,
Please.
A specific rdo milled to a specific slide and having it bedded down low compared to an mos with an adapter plate is a big advantage in terms of shootability and reliability.