Glock Slide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Real question- Is it financially practical to mill a slide versus just getting an M.O.S.?

I don’t think so. More so because of refinishing the slide. Usually custom mill work is also limiting to a specific optic.

Custom might allow the sight to be set closer to the bore axis by not using one of the adapter plates. ‘‘Tis would be more of an issue with a MOS Glock than a CORE M&P. With the CORE, the optic mounts to the Slide, the MOS mounts the optic to the adapter plate.

However someone may want their particular firearm cut that already has extensive modifications or is not available in a factory optic ready configuration. IE: Gen 3 Glock or 2.0 M&P. I recently created a Franken-M&P to avoid the expense of custom milling and refinishing a slide. I put a 1.0 CORE 4.25” slide on my 2.0 Compact. I was interested in taking 1/2” off the butt to make it easier to conceal and adding .25” to the barrel was not a problem.

I’ll strongly consider optic ready versions of my future firearm acquisitions even if my immediate desire is not to run an optic. It is basically a $71 option on the Glocks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom