Glock Trigger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pull weight doesn't affect the drop safety.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...Glock-trigger-Pull-up-a-chair-and-come-inside

Read the entire thread for those of you looking for a safe aftermarket trigger. To learn about the Suarez and others that failed the drop test just read the first post.

By modifying the trigger bar they are taking away the drop safety. The trigger bar is already engaging the plunger. There's a YouTube video further explaining it in the thread.

Removing the drop safety feature doesn't necessarily mean the gun will fire if dropped or hit hard, it means you can have a dead or non functioning trigger. On a defensive firearm this is a huge issue.

Thus is the dangers of putting an aftermarket trigger on any gun, especially a Glock.

Thanks for the link. Feel even better about my purchase. Brownells was running a sale on the Apex. Got it for $69.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Nothing as reliable as stock

This. I've got a 34 with a Vanek trigger that is very light. I've also got a 19 and 43 with stock. I can shoot them about as well but I'm no marksman. I'd definitely recommend a stock trigger in a carry gun, just practice with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This. I've got a 34 with a Vanek trigger that is very light. I've also got a 19 and 43 with stock. I can shoot them about as well but I'm no marksman. I'd definitely recommend a stock trigger in a carry gun, just practice with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm definitely not looking for a super light trigger. I've shot and owned just about every glock made up until 5-6 years ago? Even took one of Lutton's classes with a G17. Carried a few as well, so I'm no stranger to it. The stock triggers are just trash, and after owning a P320, VP9, and PPQ.... I'm spoiled. It won't get up to those levels but I figured I'd give it another shot since the grip angle on the glock always gets me.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm definitely not looking for a super light trigger. I've shot and owned just about every glock made up until 5-6 years ago? Even took one of Lutton's classes with a G17. Carried a few as well, so I'm no stranger to it. The stock triggers are just trash, and after owning a P320, VP9, and PPQ.... I'm spoiled. It won't get up to those levels but I figured I'd give it another shot since the grip angle on the glock always gets me.

Charlie Vanek's GSSF legal trigger is pretty decent. All OEM Glock parts. It has a point where there is a point where there is small bit of stacking before the slack is removed. The break is very clean. Compared to the samples I own: Not quite PPQ quality, close to my VP9, better than my P320 and other Glocks.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I only shoot and carry glocks now. My Glock triggers aren't crappy compared to the 1911's I own , nor to the vp9s and m&p, and walthers..the reason this is, is that I don't shoot or have those triggers.. my point is, it's remarkable how good my stock Glock triggers are and feel when they are all I have and use. And train and practice with.
If you're single and playing the field, some nights you'll want a chick w big boobs, or one with whatever. But if u are in a married and committed relationship, it's hard not to be happy and satisfied when you put the time and work into it.. goes for guns AND human relationships.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only shoot and carry glocks now. My Glock triggers aren't crappy compared to the 1911's I own , nor to the vp9s and m&p, and walthers..the reason this is, is that I don't shoot or have those triggers.. my point is, it's remarkable how good my stock Glock triggers are and feel when they are all I have and use. And train and practice with.
If you're single and playing the field, some nights you'll want a chick w big boobs, or one with whatever. But if u are in a married and committed relationship, it's hard not to be happy and satisfied when you put the time and work into it.. goes for guns AND human relationships.

Soooo what are you going to tell someone if they bring you a Benelli? 1911? I get all of the practice and train talk, I really do. I just know now a bit about what I like after trying several platforms and putting them through their paces. Within the confines of the relationship analogy, I didn't date anyone seriously till I hit just under 30. :D Had fun figuring out what I wanted and definitely circumvented what would've been mistakes on my part.

Naturally, one could train around any trigger out there. I am still in awe of what I saw at a match years ago and I'd swear it was GTG from this forum running a revolver faster than most guys run a semi. Eventually, you see many of those guys run something more user friendly, without going too overboard. 1911s are still what I generally carry outside of a Kahr, as they are just what I feel comfortable with. Something has come up and I need a mid sized carry platform and would like a bit larger capacity. Trying to see if I can get comfy with the Glock again for shyts and giggles and go with the path of least resistance.

Lemme know if you'll ever put an ignition and front sight on that Norinco. :D

Last edited:

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Out of all my glocks they have all had a defined wall. Every trigger has felt the same. My wife just got a new 43 and it is the same feel as my others. I have put ghost connectors in some before but I am leaving them stock from now on. Would rather have it stock. I can shoot really well with the stock trigger so there is no point in messing with them.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

If I were forced to carry a stock trigger gun it would be a PPQ series. They are sweet. Accurate too.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd rather be able to grip the gun properly and control the guns recoil than have a trigger that's been worked over. I think we get too wrapped up in the minutiae of how or why this trigger feels better than that one before we totally understand or even begin to master the fudamentals of marksmanship.

Latest posts

Top Bottom