Glocks are just better with proof!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If he'd carried an 1911 he would just post on his local forum about how he could have got them in 2 shots from 65 yards then raised the rent on his already broke tenets.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang, 8 hits out of 10 shots at 40yds under stress!? That’s difficult even for trained police officers. God bless that guy.

And yes glocks are perfect carry guns! All my defensive guns are glocks. To me they are the Stanley hammer of pistols. Show your 1911s to your friends, show glocks to your enemies
I love that “show glocks to your enemies”
Glocks are good for some people, but not all. For me it's my Sig. When I worked for an agency where we were forced to carry Glocks that they issued I always qualified, but my scores were never as good as they were with my Sig.
Said he steadied on a column Sig would have been 10 for 10 .. anyway good job young man.
😹

LennyDw

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to drop this bomb on some of you but...

View attachment 288308
As Sapirman let off rounds from a restroom area into the Indiana mall’s food court, Elisjsha Dicken, 22, of Seymour, Indiana, fired 10 shots at Sapirman from his Glock handgun, preventing “many more” deaths, Greenwood Police Chief James Ison said at a press conference Monday.

AND THATS ALL THE PROOF YOU NEED! 40 YARDS! BOOM!🧐💣☠️
Rittenhouse had a Smith & Wesson M&p, higher bad guy count. S&W or GTFO.

Seriously don't care though as long as the good guy wins...

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It took a little while, but I found an article on it.

GUN OWNER SAVES COP'S LIFE BY SHOOTING DERANGED GUNMAN!​

12/02/2001 06:09 PM | by Dabney Bailey

It’s not every day that you hear the police give a civilian a warm “thank you” for entering a lethal shootout, but that’s exactly what happened in Early, Texas on Sunday. But before we get into the heroic civilian shooter, let’s back up a bit.

See a Man About a Dog

It all began, innocently enough, “as a squabble over dogs.” David Michael House, 58, and Iris Valentina Calaci, 53, were both residents at the Peach House RV Park in central Texas. They were also dog owners, and their pooches allegedly had a nasty habit of relieving themselves on the lawn of neighbor Charles Ronald Conner, 58.

According to eyewitnesses, Conner approached House about his dog, and an argument broke out. Rather than dealing with the confrontation like a normal human being, Conner allegedly went back to his RV, got his gun, returned to House, and lethally shot him.

The gun shots prompted Calaci to run screaming from her trailer home, but she didn’t get far. Conner chased her down, shot her once and then fired another shot into her, execution style.

Amazingly, Conner’s shooting spree didn’t end there. He also shot and killed the two dogs that, in his confused mind, started the mess.

Fatally shooting your neighbors over an issue of dog doo might seem absurdly over-the-top to normal people like you and us, but it might have appeared perfectly sensible to Conner. Conner’s family explained that he had “mental problems.” Police later found a notebook in Conner’s trailer with nearly incomprehensible “ramblings.”

Conner might’ve been able to get a lenient sentence in court due to his troubled mental state, but that day will never come – there was to be one more shooting on that tragic day, this time in the name of defense.

Shots Fired

Sgt. Steven Means of the Early Police Department came rolling onto the scene, but he had barely gotten out of his car before Conner began opening fire on the officer. Means took cover behind his police car and returned fire with an AR-15, but Conner maintained cover behind a tree. Eyewitnesses report that this positioning gave Conner the upper hand over the out-gunned police officer.

A Helping Hand

Means and Conner weren’t the only two people with their attention riveted on the gun fight. Vic Stacy, another resident of the RV park, saw the gun fight break out as he was watching TV in his mobile home and thought to himself, “I’m going to see what’s going to happen here and if I need to I’ll know and get in on it.”

Stacy, who had a seen Conner around his trailer park and described him as “off the wall”, watched the gun fight for a few moments and concluded, “I think (Conner) is gonna take (the officer) out if I don’t help him out.”

So, that’s when Stacy decided to act. Conner may have had excellent cover against the Officer Means, but Stacy was in a flanking position that gave him the perfect vantage point. Stacy recalled, “I had a side view of that man the whole time standing there, and I thought, I’m fixin’ to put one in him, if I can.”

Stacy raised his gun, fired, and landed one hell of a shot – by his estimate “a good 165 yards” – with a pistol (we do not know the make or caliber at this time). Stacy wasn’t even sure if he could make the shot at that distance: “I hope this magnum bullet’ll hold up, you know, this distance. And sure enough it did and I hit him in the thigh.”

At that point, Conner returned fire against Stacy with his AR-15. He missed his shot, luckily, but that gave dead-eye Stacy another opportunity to pull the trigger. Stacy “hit him again and put three more in him … The patrolman got two shots in him with that AR-15. And it seems like he’s all over with, then.”

Conner died on the scene, but if it wasn’t for the aid of Vic Stacy, the body count might have been a lot higher.

Thanks for the Help!

More police arrived on scene an promptly threw Stacy in cuffs, but after Officer Means cleared up what had happened they released Stacy. Brown County Sheriff Bobby Grubbs later said, “The citizen that fired these shots did a tremendous job out there. Had he not had a gun and the presence of mind to do this, we don’t know what the outcome would’ve been.”

It is currently unclear as to whether it was Stacy’s shots or Officer Mean’s shots that delivered the killing blow. Either way, the police are not planning to press charges against Stacy. If anything, they should give him a medal.

Police and RV park residents alike have been calling Stacy a hero, but he’s rejected the label. He said that he’s just an “average workin’ person” who was just “trying to help an officer out.”

Stacy told the Brownwood Bulletin that he wasn’t able to sleep at all the night following the shooting, but the following day was a different story. Stacy was able to get a good night’s sleep after police convinced him that he had acted appropriately and saved lives.

Stacy added, “I hate that it happened. But I’m glad that we got him down. I felt sorry for those people.”

We might have a new role model. Vic Stacy was not overeager to pull the trigger, he felt the appropriate weight on his conscience after taking the life of another person, and he hasn’t let the media attention get to his head. If you ask us, the world could use a few more Vic Stacys.
"Vic Stacy had a 100 foot tape measure and he and I measured the shot. One hundred and sixty-nine feet, just over 56 yards. While this is only a third of the much-reported media figure of 165 yards"
with a 6" colt python shooting single action, also the bad guy was shooting a scoped lever action

Last edited:

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hitting a target at 40 yards with a pistol isn’t difficult. I’d call myself average for someone that shoots semi-regularly. I took TDSA’s pistol course a few years ago, maybe the 2nd day we walked back to 50 yards and shot a steel silhouette. I was able to put 15 rounds all on steel. Less experienced shooters were also able to make repeated hits on the target as well. The fundamentals can be taught and those willing to learn can use them with great effect, it doesn’t take someone with exceptional skill to shoot accurately beyond 3 yards.

Take a class from someone that teaches well and will help you build solid shooting fundamentals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom