Glocks are just better with proof!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glock is the most accurate gun for the money out of the box in stock form that I have ever seen.

HOWEVER I am wanting to know what Glock he had??? I am going to guess the had a 43x based on the 10rds thing, but I want to know if anyone has found out.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
40 yards is a long way with a handgun. I’d like to know more about the kid. Is he a competitive shooter or did a blind hog find an acorn (x8)? :anyone:
40 is a long way for a handgun. But its not that crazy to make lethal hits on a torso at 50… but some people have never been taught how to shoot a pistol precisely. Which is fancy talk for just having excellent marksmanship skills with pistols, handguns, revolvers, etc. Now after this happens, seems nobody wants to make fun of the people who train to shoot their carry gun far beyond 7 yards for the exact reason of responding to an active shooter!

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The distance is in flux. I've heard 30-40 feet, and I've heard 40 yards. Until we get a much better measurement I think the best we can say is it was far enough that it was impressive. General thoughts are yes a food court could be 40 yards long, but it would be a very rare occurrence that you would have an unfettered lane of fire with people running back and forth to fire 10 rounds in the time stated.... which is also in flux. Nothing I mention here is in anyway a detraction of the valiant heroics exhibited, nor the degree of precision in which he shot!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang, 8 hits out of 10 shots at 40yds under stress!? That’s difficult even for trained police officers. God bless that guy.

And yes glocks are perfect carry guns! All my defensive guns are glocks. To me they are the Stanley hammer of pistols. Show your 1911s to your friends, show glocks to your enemies

THIS!

I've been a cop and a shooter for over 30 years. Every year at annual requals, my eyes get a little worse and my scores get a little less. For years, I would always shoot 100%. Two years ago, I scored a 96. Last year, a 92. This year, it was an 88, but I ran the course of fire a 2nd time, and got a 92.

The 25 yard line is always where I throw out one or two, or three! :grumble: I reckon is just the price you pay for getting older (I'm 54) and not practicing. I used to hit the range at least once a week. Nowadays, with ammo being in short supply (as good an excuse as any) I rarely shoot once a month!

Anyway...good on the kid. And good luck facing the onslaught of lefties and media monsters that will make him out to be a ruthless killer with an evil gat.

Until the next big worthy story comes along, that is.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It could also be 290 feet in "Gun Writer" yards! 😁

I am not doubting the fact that a food court area could be 40 yards long or even longer. All I'm saying is there are several different distances being bandied about.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recall an incident down in Texas back around 2000, I think. Some guy went crazy over an argument with a neighbor, grabbed his AR then shot and killed her and her dogs and opened fire on police when they arrived. He had the cop pinned down and outgunned when a citizen saw what was going on and figured if he didn't help the officer was going to be the next victim. He went to his house got his gun which, if I recall, was a magnum wheel gun, took aim and hit the bad guy from over 100 yards away. Bad guy was only wounded so he and turned and opened fire on the citizen but missed him. The good guy took aim and fired three more rounds that ended the bad guy. All shots fired with a handgun from over (some accounts say about 160 yards) 100 yards away. That right there is some fine shooting and damn good gun control....

I remember that. Seems like it was a .357, and in a trailer park. Like you, I don’t recall all the details.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I recall an incident down in Texas back around 2000, I think. Some guy went crazy over an argument with a neighbor, grabbed his AR then shot and killed her and her dogs and opened fire on police when they arrived. He had the cop pinned down and outgunned when a citizen saw what was going on and figured if he didn't help the officer was going to be the next victim. He went to his house got his gun which, if I recall, was a magnum wheel gun, took aim and hit the bad guy from over 100 yards away. Bad guy was only wounded so he and turned and opened fire on the citizen but missed him. The good guy took aim and fired three more rounds that ended the bad guy. All shots fired with a handgun from over (some accounts say about 160 yards) 100 yards away. That right there is some fine shooting and damn good gun control....
That sounds like a TEXAS story. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom