GLWS is the new "Well, bless your heart!"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what I've taken to doing in some of these Classifieds threads, like the $850 Glocks, etc.

I just post "GLWS" as in - Yeah, good luck with that one, buddy!

It's the equivalent of the quintessential polite Southern pat on the head, "Well bless your heart!"
But the fact remains that there are people who will pay it sometimes. There was a Remington lw20 guage for sale on here that someone bought for 800 bucks. That's a 400 dollar shotgun at best, in mint condition. Some people just like to be separated from their money.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I want to say something, but I don't. I've found that if I have time to write it, I have time to think about it...it's not like popping off at the mouth. But still, sometimes some people say something or post for sale something ridiculous enough that I can't refrain.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But the fact remains that there are people who will pay it sometimes. There was a Remington lw20 guage for sale on here that someone bought for 800 bucks. That's a 400 dollar shotgun at best, in mint condition. Some people just like to be separated from their money.
Just as there are people that sell below value. One true thing in the world is that value is, and only is, what the market is willing to pay. That said, the people not willing to pay are welcome to GLWS anything. Like 45/70 or 30/06 ammo for 3 per round amongst other recent examples. GLWS indeed.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about not saying anything? Hit the back button and go about your business. Nobody should be commenting on anyone’s sale ad unless they have a question or they want to buy it.
Most other sites don’t have or allow Neanderthals commenting in selling threads. I wish they old way it was in the classifieds was the current way.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about not saying anything? Hit the back button and go about your business. Nobody should be commenting on anyone’s sale ad unless they have a question or they want to buy it.
Most other sites don’t have or allow Neanderthals commenting in selling threads. I wish they old way it was in the classifieds was the current way.

No thanks, I like subtly pointing it out if I feel like doing so. Thanks for the suggestion, though. :D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There’s a reason I delete the classifieds as soon as getting on line before looking at any other forum.
The insanity going on in that forum is not worthy of wasting brain cells on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom