GM Makes $1,500 OnStar Subscription Mandatory on GMC, Buick, Cadillac Models

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gotta have a way to implement that mileage tax to replace the fuel tax they'll lose when we're all electric.
All kinds of spy/tracking possible with that, as if we don't have enough already.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read this.

Speaking to GM Authority, a spokesperson said making customers pay for the service will "enhance [their] vehicle ownership experience... By including this plan as standard equipment on the vehicle, it provides more customer value and a more seamless onboarding experience." The automaker confirmed to AN that buyers who don't activate OnStar and have no desire to use the services will not be offered a discount.

The subscription, which enables things like using your phone as a key fob, data-enabled navigation, audio streaming, and Amazon's Alexa virtual assistant.

I HATE HATE HATE new vehicles.

I can't say that loud enough.

I hate some of the things on the wife's 2007 Vibe as it locks the doors when you put it in gear and has the headlights on all the time.

I hate door and key buzzers and anything else that comes on automatically.
I love cars but i want to control all of it.

I do not want warnings in my mirror or my steering wheel to shake if I am close to a road line.

Thank goodness I drive older stuff with regular keys.
I still do not own a cell phone and hope I never will.

Good day :)

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After college I sold my 94 Wrangler, was completely tech free, no power steering, no radio, no AC, soft top and windows, metal floors, so much engine bay space you could get in the bay and stand by the engine…. Worst mistake I ever made, miss having a vehicle with no tech problems and that was so easy to fix anything that needed fixed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom