GM Makes $1,500 OnStar Subscription Mandatory on GMC, Buick, Cadillac Models

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't trust OnStar for anything. I knew of a guy that was towing his fifth wheel RV with a GM product and was using OnStar for his navigation. The problem was that OnStar kept wanting to route him onto a New York highway that was limited to regular passenger cars. No trucks, trailers, and RV's. In trying to avoid that highway, he ended up in a city and to get out, he had the help of OnStar and a local policeman.

The only problem was that neither OnStar nor the policeman knew that the route they were suggesting had a low overpass.

Yeppers...they peeled back the roof of their fifth wheel.

Last edited:

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 2002 Dodge Ram is a breath of fresh air when I drive it. Have to use an actual key, don't have to push the brake pedal to start it, no daytime running lights. It doesn't even chime when you don't have your seat belt unfastened. And it's the only place I can be where I can play all my cd's. :D

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gotta have a way to implement that mileage tax to replace the fuel tax they'll lose when we're all electric.
All kinds of spy/tracking possible with that, as if we don't have enough already.
Did you know that OK already has an additional yearly tax on EV's?

It amounts to about the same as buying almost 600 gallons of gasoline per year.

That's about 12K miles for a car getting an average of 20mpg.

OK plans to add an additional surcharge on electricity used for charging for 2024 on top of the yearly tax.

No form of government blindly looks past an opportunity to tax ANYTHING.

Back on topic, when I owned anything GM, I did not subscribe to OnStar, no value, good news is I wont own another GM vehicle so they wont get a chance to force a subscription on me.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you know that OK already has an additional yearly tax on EV's?

It amounts to about the same as buying almost 600 gallons of gasoline per year.
I read it is $110 a year tax.

Or another read it was $150 a year and charging stations that are public will have a 3% tax put on them.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was a die hard Chevy guy growing up because you could pull a transmission from a Camaro & it would fit a pickup usually with little to no mods, pull a 1969 small block or big block and slap it in your 1986 Chevy easily & roll on. We were poor and salvage parts kept us going.

Today I still own a 96 Corvette it's fast but a horrible vehicle I'll eventually sell and a 78 k20 that's a rusted out beater for hunting and fishing but nothing GM makes today would I buy except the new Corvette and I can't afford one anyway. We own 2 basic Hyundai Accents and they've been bullet proof cars, my wife's gets 52 mph on flat ground bought it with 20,000 miles for 12k if I buy a new pickup it would either be a Ford or Toyota GM just doesn't have the quality to get my money

Latest posts

Top Bottom