Go to the beach "packing heat" with no license?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The notion behind this thread is about how anti-gun most seacoast jurisditions are and to point out the few exceptions. I think I would move to New Hampshire if I had the means to live there. No, I do not want to live in any other than a very pro-gun PERMITLESS state. I do not want to pay for fees, get the local law enforcement's permission and invest the time, money, energy and cost for training on a right guaranteed by the Constitution already. CCW requirements make the 2nd A out to be a paid privilege and not a free right. Would you like to have to pay fees, attend training and get permission from the police chief or sheriff to assemble peacibly in public, practice your religion, exercise free speech, use the press or petition the government for a redress of grievances under a criminal penalty for failing to do so? What if you had to have a paid permit from the cop shop to go to church or sign a petition or VOTE even?
Alright I get it, you dont like ccw permits, I got mine early on because of all the lovely reciprocity and protection it offers me when I travel to different states for work, carry on my little constitutionalist :drunk2:

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright I get it, you dont like ccw permits, I got mine early on because of all the lovely reciprocity and protection it offers me when I travel to different states for work, carry on my little constitutionalist :drunk2:
If I were an interstate truck driver or something that requires regular interstate travelling, I might get me a CCW. I almost never travel out of state so I don't worry about getting one.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Scuba divers carry spear guns for shark protection?????? Wow, just WOW! Step away from the T.V. and nature by Walt Disney!!!! Spear guns are used to hunt fish. The spears are tethered to the "gun" with a nylon cord. That way when you spear a nice sized fish you can pull it in instead of watching your spear swim off with the fish. Never spear a fish you can't out swim or wrestle.
Now if you were to spear a big old shark, and you had your wrist retention strap on nice and tight like you should to keep from loosing the spear and gun, you are now attached to something you DON'T want to pull in and can swim really fast.

At this point you would have wanted to learn "the gallop" at the shark equine school, or perhaps the lope, or even shark trot. Spear gun to protect against sharks....SSSSHHHHEEEEESSSSHHH!!!

Last edited:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every time the OP posts one of these threads I think of this...

internet.jpeg

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And eligible for additional options on self defense insurance. It is worth it to me for that part alone.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Despite the great amount of crap tossed at him in this thread, I thought his last response was well metered and written. I'm certainly not gonna bust his chops because his reference said spear gun instead of shark stick.

And in general principle, he's absolutely correct. State govt shouldn't have the ability to legislate over the Nations Constitution. Beaches are pretty low on my list of places to go...but we're talking about a Concept here I think, and less of an exact need.

I'm all for fighting for 2nd amendment rights, but I've put in about all the personal argument time that I'm going to with legislatures. I believe we're on the precipice of action when it comes to fighting for our rights, so I have very little left to offer except for continuing to prepare myself for the real fight.

I may have busted your chops in this thread Jones.... But brother, when it comes time... I'll stand by your side. As far as I'm concerned, a wacky, paranoid Patriot is still a better bet than a teat sucking "civil servant". Keep up the squeeky wheel. Do what you feel is right, and carry on Sir.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Despite the great amount of crap tossed at him in this thread, I thought his last response was well metered and written. I'm certainly not gonna bust his chops because his reference said spear gun instead of shark stick.

And in general principle, he's absolutely correct. State govt shouldn't have the ability to legislate over the Nations Constitution. Beaches are pretty low on my list of places to go...but we're talking about a Concept here I think, and less of an exact need.

I'm all for fighting for 2nd amendment rights, but I've put in about all the personal argument time that I'm going to with legislatures. I believe we're on the precipice of action when it comes to fighting for our rights, so I have very little left to offer except for continuing to prepare myself for the real fight.

I may have busted your chops in this thread Jones.... But brother, when it comes time... I'll stand by your side. As far as I'm concerned, a wacky, paranoid Patriot is still a better bet than a teat sucking "civil servant". Keep up the squeeky wheel. Do what you feel is right, and carry on Sir.
If you can side with him after what he has said about Oklahoma that's pretty appalling .but to each his own i guess

Latest posts

Top Bottom