Going on a River Cruise starting in Paris. I will be taking a tour of Normandy Beach. Any

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will not drink any type of water except for a name brand bottled that l open water anywhere outside of the USA. Been to Europe several times and after the 2nd trip l learned my lesson. Take plenty of otc meds for indigestion and diarrhea ............and American made soap.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We did that several years ago, and completely enjoyed it. We were in Europe for four weeks, and there was still other things that we wanted to see, but just didn’t have time.

The only negative (too strong of a word but best I came up with) was the French, especially in Paris, were certainly not excited about American tourists. We did find a few that were a big help, but most didn’t have the time for us.

The scenery was beautiful. And like said above, take your meds with you. There is just a lot of “stuff” in the air, water, and food that may not agree with you.

But….have a great time and take lots of pics for us Okies.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 3 years in the US military in Germany, I visited France twice. I tried out my high school French, as augmented by a phrase book. No use -- all I did was p!$$ off the natives which made me swear off going to France. The Germans and Italians were much more open to tourists attempting to use their language. Since I was there 3 years and had some good coaching from native speakers, I got comfortable with German. Comfortable = I was never hungry or thirsty and could always get directions to the bathroom. :Heya:

BTW - have a great trip, especially Normandy. It is one of my great regrets that I never went while serving in Germany.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have discussed these river cruises in Europe. We also see the rivers are extremely low and navigation is difficult.
Check ahead to see if there might be some issues.

Latest posts

Top Bottom