Going rate for a deer lease?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pay about zero for state land. Makeithappen, Jeff Danker once told me cows and deer hunting don't mix.

I can testify to that!

Attachments

• CFD1364F-AE4A-44AC-AD27-1B148B7AE875.jpeg
    CFD1364F-AE4A-44AC-AD27-1B148B7AE875.jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 130

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pay about zero for state land. Makeithappen, Jeff Danker once told me cows and deer hunting don't mix.
After hunting Thunderbird for 15 years, I was done dealing with inconsiderate hunters, thieves, not being able to use a 4 wheeler, etc. Mind you, I went way back in the WMA and still had issues. If it weren't for having corn out, I wouldn't care about the cows. Plus, I can do about whatever I want on this place year round and limit others access to it. That's worth it, to me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we paid 2000 a year for 1500 acres in southern arkansas. weyerhauser was the landlord. we owned 10 acres outright, it was an old homeplace and had a dog run cabin on it-weyerhauser wouldn't touch the place, we fixed it up really nice, drilled a well, built a bunkhouse that would sleep around 40 or so. during deer camp season we'd all head down there, hired 2 old retired cooks from the little rock holiday inn-usually stay a week. the camp had been there since the days of hunting from mules and packs of dogs.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've got somewhere around 15 hunting spots here on the ranch which is 10k acres. Each hunter leases a "zone". They've all got short fences around their feeders and I haven't heard any complaints of our cattle getting in their feed pens. We do feed our cattle daily from about late October thru early April. I THINK our hunters pay $3k yearly. It's a very tight group of guys it seems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom