Going rate for steel scrap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brother and I cleaned up around the shop and took a load of prepared-3 foot or shorter- and got $195/ton. Several old pieces of machinery, plows, disc and lots of scrap pipe from building pens. That was on the 9th of this month. Put a second load together and set the Geiger counter off due to a piece of hot pipe. Had 9 ton on the trailer and had the hot piece of pipe narrowed down to somewhere in the front and towards the bottom. Asked them if I could dump it and then take the detector and find the piece of pipe. They told me no. I then asked them if I could just dump it and give it to them because I did not want to haul it home. They said that would be ok. I told them “I’m sure it would be” and hauled it home. That load is still on the trailer. UuGGHh!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dont scrap farm machinery, sell it on Craigslist, etc.

Someone wants it or needs it somewhere, and it pays way better than scrap prices!

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Someone wants needs it somewhere, and it pays way better than dcrap prices!

Most of the small equipment I use to put in for food plots came from farm auctions
Your correct saying selling it will bring much more than scrap.
Some small enough that an atv or UTV can pull it easily.
The old stuff was designed to be dragged without hydraulics. I still use it on occasion.
One 6’ section of old spring tooth that sets the depth by levers is easily pulled by an atv to cover seed.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Brother i like ya,

I like you too.

we-are-moving-in-together-so-i-guess-you-can-say-things-are-getting-pretty-serious.jpg

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Someone wants it or needs it somewhere, and it pays way better than scrap prices!

All of this was beyond repair and was missing plow bottoms, tongues or gangs. The old International Farmall M tractors were missing motors and I had sold the fuel tanks, radiators, fenders and all the tin off of them to collectors and restorers. We did sell several pieces to a lawn and landscape guy a few years ago. He bought several 1,2 and 3 bottom plows, a few 4 row planters that still had McCormick/Deering and Cockshut lettering on the side of the seed boxes. Thatbstuff brought crazy money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom