Going to a safari hunt in South Africa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I booked a South African safari hunt with some friends through Ka Maoto Safaris. I was never really excited about flying the 16 hours on that Boeing 777 but it’s worth it...I got a great price on some SCI bronze or better animals. Bringing my CA Ridgeline 300wm loaded with factory Barnes 180 TTSX.

Anyone else hunt SA or out of country? Where’d you go and how’d you like it?

https://m.facebook.com/kamaotosafari/
https://kamaotosafaris.com/photo-gallery

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
One of these days.............I'm determined to do a leopard hunt. Looking forward to seeing your pics.

A leopard hunt would be some action, suppose to be one of the most challenging. A friend of mine guided a lion hunt last year, I heard the story and saw the video.. let’s just say you don’t “hunt” lions. You encounter them when they’re ready. Lol. Long story about circling & figure eight tracks, then you know your about to meet a lion in person. Haha

Here is his clients lion..

Attachments

• 2FFDA23F-2D98-48AC-930D-F75313D46942.jpeg
    2FFDA23F-2D98-48AC-930D-F75313D46942.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 305

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
A leopard hunt would be some action, suppose to be one of the most challenging. A friend of mine guided a lion hunt last year, I heard the story and saw the video.. let’s just say you don’t “hunt” lions. You encounter them when they’re ready. Lol. Long story about circling & figure eight tracks, then you know your about to meet a lion in person. Haha

Here is his clients lion..

Yeah that would be awesome!

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don’t really have a desire to hunt stuff I don’t eat, not that I’m against it in any way, I know that if done right it’s actually really good for the conservation. The only unusual animal I can see myself wanting to hunt would be a bottle nose dolphin.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don’t really have a desire to hunt stuff I don’t eat, not that I’m against it in any way, I know that if done right it’s actually really good for the conservation. The only unusual animal I can see myself wanting to hunt would be a bottle nose dolphin.

Due to import/export laws you can’t bring the meat back but you can and will eat it out there. The lady that cooks is suppose to be amazing, or you can grill your plains game meat in the backyard at the lodge. But most meat gets used by locals and none wasted as I’m told.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But most meat gets used by locals and none wasted as I’m told.

This would be true. We went to Zimbabwe many years ago (2000). We ate some of all the animals I killed, with the remainder going to villagers in the area. The 18 1/2 hour flight from Atlanta to Johannesburg was absolutely grueling, AND they lost our luggage! It went from Atlanta to New York. Thank goodness my rifles went to the right place. Congrats! You will love it, in spite of any hardships you might face. Looking forward to the stories and pics. Oh, BTW - yes, the food in camp was top notch! (You ever had warthog pizza?!?!?!?!)

Latest posts

Top Bottom