Going to a safari hunt in South Africa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At one time, the airfare was more than reasonable for a flight that long. I'll have to take your word on that situation.
When a friend went to South Africa a few years ago, he was offered some free hunts to help out the landowner.
They had too many baboons, and needed to thin them out as well as some other plains animal I can't remember off hand. Wildebeest maybe?

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The airfare will getcha though...

Just picked some random dates (June 4th thru 18th) on expedia, and the cheapest airfare right now from Atlanta to Johannesburg is $1,403. That's really not terribly bad, considering all the other expenses! And, whoever is making your arrangements may very well be able to get better rates.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When a friend went to South Africa a few years ago, he was offered some free hunts to help out the landowner.
They had too many baboons, and needed to thin them out as well as some other plains animal I can't remember off hand. Wildebeest maybe?

You just kind of lobbed that one right over the plate for someone to knock out of the park, but I like being on this board and will keep my political comments to myself....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You just kind of lobbed that one right over the plate for someone to knock out of the park, but I like being on this board and will keep my political comments to myself....
Not sure where your comments were headed, be it baboons or South Africa, but baboons were highlighted. I don't know how that is getting into anything political?

LOKNLOD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just picked some random dates (June 4th thru 18th) on expedia, and the cheapest airfare right now from Atlanta to Johannesburg is $1,403. That's really not terribly bad, considering all the other expenses! And, whoever is making your arrangements may very well be able to get better rates.

That's actually really good! I think ours was closer to 2k/ea last year.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

My buddy mike is going again next month in May. His ticket was just barely over $1,000. It ranges from $1000-$1500. Delta AMEX card offers 70,000 sky miles to new members too. Just sayin.

Latest posts

Top Bottom