Going to Arkansas State IDPA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, this one is in the books. They had 13 well planned and set up stages. They also had the hottest day of the year for them so far. Somewhere in the mid 90's.My first match as an SSP Expert did not really go as planned. In my 10 years of competitive shooting I EARNED my very first FTDR. My mistake and I accepted it. You ask how? I loaded 1 to many rounds in my mag.......never happened before and hopefully never will again. 20 second penalty is a killer. I finished 13 SSP Ex but still would have only been about 9th or 10th without the penalty. Great fun it was and Matt did a great job of keeping things going smoothly. Open squading went pretty well however we finished at 2:15 and there were still shooters at 4:30 finishing up..I don't know if it was just "lolly gagging" or major backups. Probably a little of both.

idleclamp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, this one is in the books. They had 13 well planned and set up stages. They also had the hottest day of the year for them so far. Somewhere in the mid 90's.My first match as an SSP Expert did not really go as planned. In my 10 years of competitive shooting I EARNED my very first FTDR. My mistake and I accepted it. You ask how? I loaded 1 to many rounds in my mag.......never happened before and hopefully never will again. 20 second penalty is a killer. I finished 13 SSP Ex but still would have only been about 9th or 10th without the penalty. Great fun it was and Matt did a great job of keeping things going smoothly. Open squading went pretty well however we finished at 2:15 and there were still shooters at 4:30 finishing up..I don't know if it was just "lolly gagging" or major backups. Probably a little of both.

Maybe those guys had a squadmate that kept making them walk up and down the hill so they spent more time walking than shooting.:pms2::pms2:

I had a good time, even though my brain was in shutdown mode most of the match. The highlight of the match for me was finishing the texas star through the wall.:owned3:

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe those guys had a squadmate that kept making them walk up and down the hill so they spent more time walking than shooting.:pms2::pms2:

I had a good time, even though my brain was in shutdown mode most of the match. The highlight of the match for me was finishing the texas star through the wall.:owned3:

probably just like my squad.....damn 35 year old whippersnapper just didn't seem to mind making an "old, Fat man" climb that damned hill at least 6 times......I think he was still mad that I beat him by 10 seconds at Badlands.:tounge2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom