Going to Jamaica next week, NO CAMO!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several counties in the Caribbean including Barbados, Jamaica, Grenada, Dominica, St. Lucia and St. Vincent ban the wearing of camouflage by non-members of their military.

Unless you want to be fined or jailed leave the camo shirts, shorts, wallets, purses and hats a home!!

The wearing of any form of camo clothing and bags is illegal in St. Lucia except for military personnel.

It is illegal to wear any camo in Barbados including clothing or any item containing camouflage material.

Grenada has a zero tolerance policy regarding the wearing of any camouflage clothing in public and are warning visitors as well as locals to avoid doing so.

In St. Vincent and the Grenadines it is illegal to wear any form of camouflage clothing.

The Parliament in Jamaica has passed a law banning all camouflage clothing except for uniforms worn by the police. They don’t want civilians mistake for police officers.

So if you are going to the Caribbean, you are wise to leave the camo at home.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be careful in Jamaica. The crime rate was horrible when we were there last in 2007.
I hear it’s worse and travel warnings have been issued for Kingston and Ocho Rios.
Going off the resort was a nightmare with all the drug dealers and Rasta men walking around with their penises hung out for all to see.
We won’t go back.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sun goes down, staying on resort. Only taking a couple tours in daylight. Going to be in nagril.

Negril is fairly safe compared to the rest of the island. But beware of the darkness.
When we were there last there were flyers everywhere about a festival on Lions Street that was next to the resort in Ocho Rios.
We like to get out and mingle with the locals in our travels, and met up with a local that worked for a cruise line.
He said if we attended that festival, my wife would not leave the same woman as when she went, and if I objected, I might not come back and all.
We took that advice.
Definitely do the rafts coming down the mountain streams. It was a great experience and the guide was a wealth of information about Jamaica history.
The small bus tours are great as well. Driver and a half dozen passengers. You get to see a lot of the island and they point out places of historic interest.
I

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep gotta watch your back down there. When my wife and I get a chance to go we will be with her family so not too much to worry about. Her aunt is also a travel agent and is in the process of setting up her own little resort area near Ocho Rios that is much more authentic as far as the way things are done. When she gets the ball rolling I can guarantee that it will be a place to visit and actually relax instead of the hurry up and do everything resorts. When she gets things started to roll I will make sure to post a link to the site with a lot of the information.

While you are there you may want to do one or two things at night like https://things-to-do-in-jamaica.com/glistening-waters-in-jamaica/

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. There are six of us going, so we will run as a pack. Going to have to watch what I do, as shoulder is still jacked up from surgery in April. Hopefully a lot of relaxing, snorkeling and maybe a tab bit of alcohol???

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. There are six of us going, so we will run as a pack. Going to have to watch what I do, as shoulder is still jacked up from surgery in April. Hopefully a lot of relaxing, snorkeling and maybe a tab bit of alcohol???

Nice reef to snorkel off Negril.
Not too far from headonism resort beach that is totally a nude beach. Lol.
We did a marlin fishing excursion, ending up at that reef for some bonus snorkeling. lol.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ROFL, you could always go get a day pass to Hedonism https://www.hedonism.com/hedonism-resort/guest-passes/ but I don't know how much relaxation you are going to get. Maybe get married or remarried there, guess it's kinda popular.

I guess I need to get the wife's aunt's contact information for people who are wanting to head down that way. I am sure she has some good places to hit up and chill out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom