Going to mailbox/Taking out trash/etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
uberhumor.com_wp_content_uploads_2014_03_9cQirOl.jpg

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do have a small holster on a belt that will carry my .22mag revolver or PF9. It's just that some days I'm barely navigating, and the smallest effort of getting it on, straightened, cinched up, and then taking it back off again is a pain.

Yeah, some days I'm just a whine bag... :P

I keep a loaded handgun(s) within reach pretty much all the time, and it's easy to just grab one. That's why I asked.

I probably have enough stuff to rig another nylon shoulder holster for knocking around, and that might be easier to slip on/off for quick trips.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate everyone's input. :drunk2:

I gimp around a lot of the time, cane or walker. I am also in a wheelchair quite often. When I think I need a gun outside I carry a shotgun with full stock and pistol grip.

On the handgun, I have an old belt and cheap holster. I just loop the belt over my head and under my arm. It carries the holster in the same area of my should holsters, yet just takes a second to slip on and leave both hands free.

As to legality, I dont know, but I have spoken with law enforcement before, at night, when using the shotgun in one hand, nothing was said, but the folks I deal with in a small area know who cause problems.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The head of OK2A addressed our Ponca City Gun club a couple months ago. He said carrying a pistol openly was legal, but carrying a long gun across the street to show your buddy, not in a case could be a felony.
I think it was supposed to be one of the gun laws scheduled to be modified and improved this month.

I thought the law said any "legitimate purpose" showing your buddy across the street fits in that.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In sweatpants, same result as putting a heavy handgun in a pocket (see post No. 6 above).
Indeed. :D

Also, anything that doesn't cover the trigger guard is asking for trouble.
FWIW, I don't carry a round chambered in SA-only semi-autos.

Lol, come to think of it... a couple Hi-point C9s are the only strictly SA semi-autos on the premises. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom