Going to Seattle so looked up reciprocity...I should have known....Ya'll check this out..7 states have reciprocity with Seattle...jeezus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carried in WA all the time when I lived in Idaho...on a UT non-resident permit.

Funny thing about UT permits... I went out to SLC to take the Utah BCI Instructor Course so I could teach the UT class in Colorado. So you take the course and become an instructor. You still have to take the UT class, as an instructor, to get a UT permit. Even though as an instructor you go thru the same background check and other stuff as you would if applying for a permit. I called and asked if I could sign my own certificate. They said that was fine. Took my own fingerprints, too! Of course, that was back around 04 so it may have changed since then. I still have my UT permit, though.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carried in WA all the time when I lived in Idaho...on a UT non-resident permit.

Funny thing about UT permits... I went out to SLC to take the Utah BCI Instructor Course so I could teach the UT class in Colorado. So you take the course and become an instructor. You still have to take the UT class, as an instructor, to get a UT permit. Even though as an instructor you go thru the same background check and other stuff as you would if applying for a permit. I called and asked if I could sign my own certificate. They said that was fine. Took my own fingerprints, too! Of course, that was back around 04 so it may have changed since then. I still have my UT permit, though.
I had a Utah non resident permit until they changed the law about not being able to get it til you have your own state resident permit. I know local LE didn't like it. I've never told my story about being harassed and almost arrested by an Oklahoma county deputy back in 2014 having a Utah non resident permit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom